Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think most men cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I do feel like I'm a bit jaded. My father cheated, my father-in-law did as well. Most of my friends have been cheated on. I know of Christian men who are involved in the church and who have cheated. Non-Christian men who cheated. Men of all different races. Men with children, without. Married men. Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. It just seems like so many men do it, it's not just a certain "type".

I've had some health issues recently and my husband and I haven't had sex in about a month. We're young. 20's. Do you think he could have? I mean, I know he has "needs", so why would he be faithful to me when I have been unable to "fulfill" his needs? He works a lot, so it would be easy. It just makes me wonder, I have so many beautiful friends who had sex regularly with their husbands and yet their hubbies cheated.

What do you think; do most men cheat or am I just paranoid because of what I've seen?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Of course cheating is not just a "man thing", but I am specifically speaking about men right now because I'm married to one.

Quoting RobJar:

My husband doesn't cheat. He never has on anyone.

And I really don't think cheating is a 'man' thing. There are plenty of posts on here that prove women do it just as much as men.

Your bein paranoid you should talk to your husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I read somewhere that 40% of men and almost 30% of women have cheated so no most people don't cheat.
cowboysgirl3227
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM

No I do not think MOST cheat, a lot do but not most. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I would love to say no-but yeah...I do. And it's not just sex-men can become emotionally involved and cheat. Sometimes it's sex...sometimes it's an emotional ego boost...sometimes it's both. Some still "love" their significant other but crave attention elsewhere. Some don't give a rats ass.But unfortunately I think there are less faithful men out there then women realize.

Fistandantalus
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I don't think so.

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM

If you only have sex as your glue for your marriage, then you are heading for trouble.

Most men don't cheat, but the statistic is very high if asked if they would if they could without getting caught. That in itself is pretty upsetting.

Only YOU know your dh and can predict if he'd cheat. Honestly, when I was pregnant, we went 10 months without sex for four times. I also had 3 miscarriages, so add more months to that. I know my dh didn't cheat during those times. He is rather proud of the fact that I was his first, only, and last lover (yes he says he'd never remarry if I died).

ETA:

I think one thing men want nearly as much as sex is respect and affection from their wife. If you have that, it will more than cover for the lack of sex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Sex is not the glue for our marriage, but I know its a very important part, especially moreso for him than me. I've seen a lot, read a lot, I just worry/wonder...I know lackof sex can make a guy act crazy.

Quoting lucsch:

If you only have sex as your glue for your marriage, then you are heading for trouble.

Most men don't cheat, but the statistic is very high if asked if they would if they could without getting caught. That in itself is pretty upsetting.

Only YOU know your dh and can predict if he'd cheat. Honestly, when I was pregnant, we went 10 months without sex for four times. I also had 3 miscarriages, so add more months to that. I know my dh didn't cheat during those times. He is rather proud of the fact that I was his first, only, and last lover (yes he says he'd never remarry if I died).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Men are all different. I only had sex with my ex husband rarely and I'm 99.9% in 10 years he never cheated on me. I've been with SO for about 2 years and I'm about 75% sure he'll cheat on me someday. Just a gut feeling.
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That is asinine.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

here's my thing.....

if he isn't getting it from you, he is gonna get it from someone else. 

so i'd start giving it up. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM
After reading all the replies I think you have a guilty conscious. Are you cheating?

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course cheating is not just a "man thing", but I am specifically speaking about men right now because I'm married to one.

Quoting RobJar:

My husband doesn't cheat. He never has on anyone.

And I really don't think cheating is a 'man' thing. There are plenty of posts on here that prove women do it just as much as men.

Your bein paranoid you should talk to your husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)