Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think most men cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I do feel like I'm a bit jaded. My father cheated, my father-in-law did as well. Most of my friends have been cheated on. I know of Christian men who are involved in the church and who have cheated. Non-Christian men who cheated. Men of all different races. Men with children, without. Married men. Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. It just seems like so many men do it, it's not just a certain "type".

I've had some health issues recently and my husband and I haven't had sex in about a month. We're young. 20's. Do you think he could have? I mean, I know he has "needs", so why would he be faithful to me when I have been unable to "fulfill" his needs? He works a lot, so it would be easy. It just makes me wonder, I have so many beautiful friends who had sex regularly with their husbands and yet their hubbies cheated.

What do you think; do most men cheat or am I just paranoid because of what I've seen?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (61-70):
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Op, I had cancer and went through hell. I couldn't have sex for long periods of time. My dh never cheated. He was always there for me and was the most amazing man ever to me. Watched as my hair fell out. He was there with a gorgeous ring when I woke up after getting a mastectomy. He was there after every surgery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jedwards2009
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Not all men cheat. Some men out there are actually honest and loving and have morals and are not just about getting laid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bmw29:

I personally think you're paranoid. I don't think most men cheat, in fact it's been my experience that MEN don't cheat. Immature boys cheat and there are some males that never grow up.

This

cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:44 AM

No I don't think most men cheat.

lovenMyfamily
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I think you are being a little paranoid, but I understand the why. It happens. I have 100% trust in my husband not to and 100% trust in myself not to.

Here is a site that has some statistics. http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/cheating-and-infidelity/stats-about-infidelity.html

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I have health issues and my DF doesn't always get his "needs" met either but I don't have a doubt in my mind that he would never cheat on me. I fufill his emotional needs and his relationship needs and his mental needs well enough that he can endure a week or two of not having his physical needs met.  I think the poster that said that we are women don't talk about how great our spouses are hit the nail on the head.... I learned that it helps and heals a relationship to notice, comment on and talk about how amazing your spouse is. I never let him leave for work without telling him that I love him and I appreciate him and I can't wait for him to be home again. He is hugged, kissed and I look him in the eye when I give him this re enforcement. He knows that he doesn't have to go anywhere else to feel like a man or feel loved and desired because he knows without a shadow of a doubt that he is.

Beautiful31mom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Nope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lokilover
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I think various studies have shown that both the majority of both men and women cheat.  

2m2t
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I don't know what to think but I hope that there are people (men and women) that are not cheaters. I hope your husband is one that doesn't cheat.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do feel like I'm a bit jaded. My father cheated, my father-in-law did as well. Most of my friends have been cheated on. I know of Christian men who are involved in the church and who have cheated. Non-Christian men who cheated. Men of all different races. Men with children, without. Married men. Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. It just seems like so many men do it, it's not just a certain "type".

I've had some health issues recently and my husband and I haven't had sex in about a month. We're young. 20's. Do you think he could have? I mean, I know he has "needs", so why would he be faithful to me when I have been unable to "fulfill" his needs? He works a lot, so it would be easy. It just makes me wonder, I have so many beautiful friends who had sex regularly with their husbands and yet their hubbies cheated.

What do you think; do most men cheat or am I just paranoid because of what I've seen?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:13 AM
No I don't think all men cheat. I know with all my heart that my husband would never. As for you having medical issues he's not going to die from not getting any, no matter what he says. We've had to go 6 months without having sex because of my pregnancy plus multiple other issues.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)