Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ear piercings for little girls

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
So. My 5 1/2yo wants to get her ears pierced....again. We did not pierce her ears until she asked, about 2 years ago. Lately she's been asking for second set of holes.my husband made a deal with her that if she learns all her site words she can. Although I have multiple holes myself I'm not sure if I agree. My husband thinks because she has already pierced them before she knows what she's getting into. I should add we go to a piercer to do it, not with a gun.
Have any of you let your young kids have more then one hole or know anyone who has?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM
No one?
emandab
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I wouldn't do it, but that's just me and my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I don't have girls, but I don't see a problem with it

oorahwife31
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM

well mine aren't allowed to get their's done at all till they're about 10-13 yrs old lol so i can't help you - i'd say that would have to be your call, if you're comfortable with it then so be it, if not just wait a while

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM

My daughter is only 8 months, but I would allow her to get a second set if she asked. I don't know if I'd let her do it at 5 though. I think I would make her wait until she's older, maybe middle school. My mother wouldn't let me get mine pierced for the first time until I was in 6th grade though, so maybe I'm just old fashioned lol. 

photo po0zx0zg5c7vrr_zps9c785bd5.png
ArianEponae
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Dd is same age. She has the first set, and will get the second for her 6th birthday. Its what she wants, and I don't see earrings as a big deal. I have 9 on one side, 4 on the other (all were done because I train people how to pierce as part of my job, and I won't let anyone do a customer until they've pierced me so that I'm sure they are ready). She'll probably be allowed to get the 4 bottom holes whenever she feels ready, but I'm limiting the cartilage for after age 13. Does that help?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Ehh...it's her head I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be fine with it if I had girls as long as she already does well with the set she has
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, actually. I also have several which is why she wants them. Like another person said, it's her head. I explained to her a really want her to think about it because they are her ears.

Quoting ArianEponae:

Dd is same age. She has the first set, and will get the second for her 6th birthday. Its what she wants, and I don't see earrings as a big deal. I have 9 on one side, 4 on the other (all were done because I train people how to pierce as part of my job, and I won't let anyone do a customer until they've pierced me so that I'm sure they are ready). She'll probably be allowed to get the 4 bottom holes whenever she feels ready, but I'm limiting the cartilage for after age 13. Does that help?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN