Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parent fail I saw today.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
3 moms liked this
We were walking by this mom and about 5 year old little girl in the grocery store. The little girl had a little plastic mega phone with her mouth all over it, sticking her tongue in it, and putting the mouth piece in her mouth. No big deal...Then, as I turn back around I see her mom stuck it on a shelf and walked off. My Ds tried to pick it up. Now the store is going to pick it up, stick it back in the toy section, and some other kid is going to get it. If they don't grab it before then! That's so gross, especially considering all the sickness going around now.

Second one I saw today was a 2 year old girl walking around outside in a t-shirt while her parents were in coats. It was FREEZING. DH and I were shivering IN our coats.

Before anyone says I am a nosy bitch. No. These are the first I've seen in a long, long time, and they were obvious because they were both right in front of me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Anyway...Moral of the story...Think about that when buying toys! Lol.
babyboy117
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
The coat thing is sad : ( if anybody is bundled up on a cold day it will be my 2 year old before myself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I Never buy toys that are not in a box or a covered sealed plastic bag anyway, lol

babyboy117
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM
And the toy thing...GROSS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM
And that is why I don't purchase toys like that for my kids. If it isn't rapped in original packaging, my kid isn't using it.

Many parents do not dress their kids appropriately for various reason. It sucks when you see and obviously cold child freezing their ass off
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Gross.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyone knows that more then likely if you buy a toy like that a kids mouth probably was all over it. Just like hats ppl try those on all day an could be full of lice. Not saying id let my dd do that to a toy but jsut saying.
NoahandEliza
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:05 AM
2 moms liked this
See! I'm not crazy for washing toys that don't come in a box! Dh looks at me like I'm insane, but I've always thought about kids hands on stuff and how dd likes to chew on everything. Is it sad that I feel validated?
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Germs and such don't live on surfaces for long. Probably by the time another kid gets the megaphone the germs and such will all be dead.

Maybe they were trying to teach their kid a lesson on fighting the coat. I did that with my 2 year old, but I always at least brought it with us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM

It was about 10 degrees here the other day and I saw a baby outside with no socks or shoes on. I about died!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN