Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Good bye TV!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:14 AM
  • 25 Replies

We don't watch tv much. My daughter watches some in the morning and there are days my son doesn't get any TV time because we're super busy when he gets home from school.

I don't really like TV. The TV that I do watch is a select few shows and educations stuff about animals and space. Usually, I fall asleep when I watch TV.

My husband likes TV, but he works so much that he rarely is home to watch it anyway.

The package that has the channels that we actually DO watch is about $100 a month. I don't really like spending that much money on TV. Actually, I think it's crazy expensive.

So, I'm thinking about switching to HULU. Granted, not all of our shows are on Hulu yet, but I think that's going to be changing very soon as more and more people switch from cable/dish to internet TV. I have my computer connected directly to our living room television. My big tv is my computer screen as we speak.

I think I'm going to cancel our membership with DirectTV on Monday. We've had them for years. The box is getting old and well. . .I hate commercials and I may have DVR, that thing gets full soooo fast and I'm not recording everything I might want to watch before I watch it. Dumb. Hulu, only one commercial every once in awhile and all the episodes I want at a click of a button. Waaaay better (and cheaper) than traditional TV.

How about you? Are you planning on or ready to abandon expensive cable and dish services for Internet? I sure am. . .

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:16 AM
My best friend just has Netflix, they do fine and save about $100 a month.

For me? Neevvvvvvaaaahhh. I love my bravo trash too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy41ce
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Your gonna pay out the ass for cancel charges.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carter210
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
No way!! My DF and I has an argument about this. Lol. I'm a TV junkie. (Yes I know it a bad habit) But when we move into our place he said he didn't want get cable or Internet. I told him there was no way!! Lol. I love my TV!
happy41ce
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree lol happy wife- happy life! Haha

Quoting carter210:

No way!! My DF and I has an argument about this. Lol. I'm a TV junkie. (Yes I know it a bad habit) But when we move into our place he said he didn't want get cable or Internet. I told him there was no way!! Lol. I love my TV!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:20 AM

No way! I couldn't live without my tv lol. 

Celtic_Dragon
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:20 AM

I would not be able to survive if there was no Internet. You can watch tv online now. There is very little you're missing out on if you have Hulu. They have pretty much every episode of every show you're watching right now. The shows they don't have, they're going to have soon.

Quoting carter210:

carter210
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:20 AM
I probably sounded like a little kid but I don't care!

No..... Not my TV!!! :(

Quoting happy41ce:

Quoting carter210:

happy41ce
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM
No I told my dh the same.. I do everything around here. I give him some of my blogging $ to help pay for it lol I told him all I ask is to keep the tv and Internet.

Quoting carter210:

I probably sounded like a little kid but I don't care!

No..... Not my TV!!! :(

Quoting happy41ce:

Quoting carter210:

carter210
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM
That's the same argument my DF has! He wants to get HULU.

There's no way I'd probably ever go for that. I'm very attached to my TV! :)

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

I would not be able to survive if there was no Internet. You can watch tv online now. There is very little you're missing out on if you have Hulu. They have pretty much every episode of every show you're watching right now. The shows they don't have, they're going to have soon.

Quoting carter210:

southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this
We did it and never looked back. Between hulu and Netflix we do fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN