Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My First Ever Ad, What do you think?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:51 AM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

This is my first ever ad. It's for my commercial II Photography class. Start to finish. From snapping the photos, to editing them, and cleaning them up. To colorization, layout, clipping, copy (aka text), to final product.

What do you think?

***Yes this is a made up business for class. I photographed all of these. =) LOTS of work. Basically 40 hours of work into this. It's not nearly as easy as they make it out to be.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:01 AM
I think you did a really good job! Neat concept and I bet you worked really hard on it. I don't know if really care for it as a whole. But I'm not the demographic this is reaching to anyways.

I don't care for the font. Espescially in the top corner. It's not easy on the eyes. It's kinda hard to read espescially since I'm on my phone and it's pretty small. I also don't like the light ball reflection sun thingys.

I think it would've been better with a clean background with just the guitars as the focus. Espescially with the little orb things. The sunburt itself isn't so bad but I think the orb things (sorry I obviously don't know what they're called) makes it look a bit amateur to me. Jmo and my interpretation.

I dont actually know how to do any editing or formatting (is that what it's called?) AT ALL. Lol you def did way better than I could! Ive done print modeling so that is the extent of my knowledge. Mostly I'm just looking at this as your average consumer.

Anyways, those are my critiques. I think you did an awesome job and you should be proud of yourself! I bet you will get a great grade!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy41ce
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:08 AM
I don't like the background and light. It makes it look cheap. I'm just giving a strangers opinion. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Well I like it

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:13 AM
I agree. I think it would look so much better on solid black

Quoting happy41ce:

I don't like the background and light. It makes it look cheap. I'm just giving a strangers opinion. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:13 AM

I like everything except the font.  It's really difficult to read the upper-left corner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I did graphic design for four years and it definitely looks like you are just starting out. You'll get better though! Just my critique:

The lines on the guitars aren't very clean. It looks weird where you just cut the neck of the guitar off too. I would also add some type of shadowing behind each guitar to give it depth.

The font is awful and you can't even read it on the top left.

The flare gradient you have is very distracting. It doesn't do anything to enhance your ad. Just having a black background would be more appealing.

BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:17 AM
I like it, although I did have a hard time seeing the guitars through the colors, but that may be because I'm mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:24 AM
**WARNING: CRITICISM AHEAD**
the background should be like baby blue or another light color instead of black & the font could have me more creative/less close together.

i do some graphic designing here and there as well, but i never actually took a class. my mother was a graphic designer so id sit and watch her design plaques,poster,flyers ect. and learned that way :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)