Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Met anyone famous? Do you know some personally?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Notice the coincidence? They are all older celebrities. I guess the younger generation has too much self importance and can't be bothered. 

P.S. I love Stockard Channing :)

Quoting KeimUNCmomof3:

You know who else is really nice, Dick Van Dyke, Martin Sheen, Stockard Channing, Tom Cruise (on the phone), Rob Lowe (a real flirt) oh and John Ritter lit up a room with his presence.  There's probably a few more, but it's 1:35am, can't think...plus, this was years ago....

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I just love reading the News Leader whenever Brad Pitt decides to come home to his parents for a visit. Ugh.

Quoting armywifey26:

My older brother worked at a gas station off of a main hwy in Springfield, Mo. He has met many many famous musicians that were going to and from Branson that stopped for gas and/or snacks 

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Yep. It is a HUGE deal. And everybody has a story about going to school with him or they knew somebody that knew somebody that went to school with him. I have a friend who's uncle broke Brad's nose during dodgeball in gym. Etc etc. Lol

Quoting mattiehatter:

I just love reading the News Leader whenever Brad Pitt decides to come home to his parents for a visit. Ugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:06 AM

DH has had a beer with Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Undertaker. He met them after he took his son out to the back by the dumpsters to pee because the line to the bathroom was too long. He ended up peeing on Undertakers boot. He laughed it off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:07 AM
Does he know you? If not I probably would have drove away too. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Ashton kutcher. Let me say hes not as nice as he is on tv. We were driving out in LA and pulled at a stop light. Who pulls up other than ashton kutcher. So my cousin and I put the window down and all we say is wassup ashton how are are? Demi looks over and he looks up and drives away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:07 AM
I am a famous person.
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Lmao. There was a reason we called Kickapoo Kickaprep. John Goodman was in town not long ago. I would like to meet him.

Quoting armywifey26:

Yep. It is a HUGE deal. And everybody has a story about going to school with him or they knew somebody that knew somebody that went to school with him. I have a friend who's uncle broke Brad's nose during dodgeball in gym. Etc etc. Lol

Quoting mattiehatter:

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Nope. We have famous singers/bands come here once a year in July (Bayfest) and we NEVER see them around town. They stay in their hotels.
I am related to Jody Hull (used to play for the NHL). Just never met him. Met his mom though, very nice lady.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:10 AM

I've met Janet Kavandi. She's an astronaut. Not a celeb like people are listing off, but as close to someone famous as I will likely ever meet.

RoseBlossom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:14 AM

my dad met john c reilly at an airport (guy who plays in stepbrothers). he said he was kinda an asshole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN