Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to mom of transgender girl.... you rock!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:28 AM
  • 13 Replies
4 moms liked this

i am still very new to cafemom and feeling my way around and yet this type of bravery is exactly why i joined! i am so proud to be included in a very fine group of ladies who daily over and over show why being a mom is the best job of all. and especially to the lady with a little boy who came to her and had the courage to tell the way she felt so both her inside and her outside could start to mesh: my child is also expressing himself in many ways as a girl. he has been since about 4-5years old expressing that he feels he is a girl and i give him room to explore this as an option because i love him/her more than an outdated idea of gender roles.and to reject a small childs view seems hypocritical, unproductive, or even harmful to the childs esteem. a chance i am not willing to take. i try to leave my prejudice at the door of our interactions. i want my child to be truly able to come to me with anything and just talk. now, this doesnt mean there is carte blanche to act any old way because we are confidants.. i am not my childs friend i am his/ her parent and i have a responsibility to protect and guide. which i can only do effectively with as much information as i can muster.and for that i must know whats going on in that little red head... its hard and will only get harder but i know god wont give me anything i cant handle.. sometimes.i just wish he didnt trust me so much.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hazel2013
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Im with you guys. Proud you mama!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:31 AM
*eye roll*
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:33 AM
How is it that a young child (age 4-5) can feel like a girl? I don't understand. I have a 3 year old boy and he has interest in some girl items but to me this just means he is a child. Children do not see gender like we do. They do not know dolls are for girls and cars are for boys (just an example) they only know.what we teach them. So I just don't understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:35 AM

LisaSmock
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:38 AM
I'm happy you let your child feel safe in their own home no one should ever feel if they tell mommy the truth she won't love them PS F the h8ers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Oh yeah, TG mom's cool, but I'm the one eatin pussy and you've got nothin for me?  Seriously, if this is how you feel I'm gonna stop caring if you get yours.  :-(

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM
It isn't just about liking stuff of the opposite gender. It is about having a deep rooted feeling like you are supposed to be the opposite gender.

Quoting sweetieiv:

How is it that a young child (age 4-5) can feel like a girl? I don't understand. I have a 3 year old boy and he has interest in some girl items but to me this just means he is a child. Children do not see gender like we do. They do not know dolls are for girls and cars are for boys (just an example) they only know.what we teach them. So I just don't understand.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:50 AM
But how can they feel that way when they don't even have a fully fledged concept of gender?

Quoting purpleducky:

It isn't just about liking stuff of the opposite gender. It is about having a deep rooted feeling like you are supposed to be the opposite gender.

Quoting sweetieiv:

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Quoting sweetieiv:

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I don't agree. I can't see a child that young being capable of making that kind of life choice. They don't even understand sexuality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured