Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom and I had a fight...who do you think is right????

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:29 AM
  • 14 Replies

My youngest sister is 16 years old.Since she was about 13,she's been a real brat. She's very mouthy,very moody,bites everyone's head off and it takes the smallest thing to set her off.Well,for the past couple of months,she's been giving my mom a really hard time...sneaking out of the house,she'll spend the night with her friend and sneak out of their house,she lies about everything,lies about where she is and who she is with,she is always burning up the roads in my mom's car and my brother who is 18 has made some comments that she may be a little slutty....a few weeks ago,Mom had to go pick her up because the police had found her and friends in a car drinking and they called Mom because my sister was drunk.The thing was,my sister was supposed to be at her friend's house...thirty miles away!She'd even texted my mom and said that she made it to her friend's and wouldn't be leaving till the next morning when she came home.That wasn't her first run in with the police,either.She and a bunch of her friends also got breath-alazyed when they were sitting in a parking lot by the police.So as you can imagine,my mom has just about had it with her.But what happens is that my mom grounds her,imposes the rules for a few days and then forgets about it.So my sister knows that she can do whatever she wants and her punishments aren't going to last.

Well today,my mom,best friend and cousin and I went shopping.My sister didn't go back she had basketball practice.Well,first my mom left my sister her keys,which I didn't think was very smart...because she had been grounded for the past week from driving.And we wouldn't be back from shopping until late,so I knew that my sister would just be burning up the roads,flying around, doing what ever she wanted.Well,I told Mom that I didn't think it was a good idea and nothing else was said about it. We were on our way home when Mom called my sister and asked what she was doing and my sister said that she was going to hang out with two boys that she's been talking to at our house...without an adult there!!! I could not believe it...we're Roman Catholics...this is the same woman who,when I asked a question about sex,told me that I was being vulgar. My father ended up explaining the facts of life to me. This is the woman who told me and my friends that if we had premarital sex,God would find out and punish us. And now she's letting my 16 year old sister have two boys over when no adult is home!!!

So Mom and I got into a big fight and she said that I was judgmental and judging her as a parent and that it was wrong for me to do that...but you know what,I'm honestly just trying to look out for the kid...she's out of control and there's a limited window of time in which Mom can fix it...and letting a 16 year old girl be alone with two teenage boys is completely inappropriate...it's just asking for a teen pregnancy! And I sincerely cannot believe that this woman, who taught me right from wrong and demanded respect and obedience,is letting my sister get away with this!!!

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you."

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:32 AM

You are right BUT she is the mom and IF she lets her do all this crap then your mom and your sister will pay the consequences. Just hope and pray a baby is not the outcome

Aleta775
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Well, I hate to say it but your mom is right. Your sister is your sister. She is not your child. I agree that your mom should be doing more, but that's really not up to you. 

happy41ce
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I deleted my comment. I feel like a dumbass. I read it again and seen its your sister not your dd lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this
We went through this with my brother. I still, 4 years later, feel that I was right, so I think your argument was valid. However, you have to understand that you are not the parent. Your mother has to be the one to "handle" it (even though she's not..i know you're thinking that). You've said your piece, so now it's time to let the chips fall where they may. It'll be very hard, but it's something you have to do.
ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I know,that's what I'm worried about...and let me tell you...my sister recently got a puppy..she had it for a week before my mom got rid of it because my sister refused to take care of it...this kid does not need a baby in any way,shape or form.

Quoting Sassy762:

You are right BUT she is the mom and IF she lets her do all this crap then your mom and your sister will pay the consequences. Just hope and pray a baby is not the outcome

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:36 AM

It's fine,I didn't even get a chance to read it,haha!

Quoting happy41ce:

I deleted my comment. I feel like a dumbass. I read it again and seen its your sister not your dd lol

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:37 AM

I've tried telling my mom that I'm just looking out for my sister's best interests and that I'm worried about it,but she doesn't it that way :-(

Quoting Aleta775:

Well, I hate to say it but your mom is right. Your sister is your sister. She is not your child. I agree that your mom should be doing more, but that's really not up to you. 

Aleta775
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I know you are worried, but it really is not your place to say anything. I'm sorry. :( Your mom and your sister have to figure this out. You've said your piece, now you have to back off. 

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

I've tried telling my mom that I'm just looking out for my sister's best interests and that I'm worried about it,but she doesn't it that way :-(

Quoting Aleta775:

Byrd15
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Yikes... Sounds like mom threw in the towel with this one. :/
mouthyhousewife
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Idk. I was an adult when my brother entered teenagehood. I always thought my parents let him get away with more. Guess after 4 kids you just get a little burnt out.
I agree that your mother could be doing more, or be stricter in her punishment. But she's your mother, you don't get to tell her how to be a parent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)