Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this crazy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

So my SIL was talking today about her DD14 starting to date. She's imposed a "one year younger one year older" rule on her daughter. At this point I'm like "fair enough, my DD was 17 but your child your rule". and then she interrupts me to say "Well 2 days before the date he comes in for an interview (he has a form to fill out with his classes, grades, any detentions/suspensions, family contact details) and she will ask him for an ID if she thinks he's too old. Is this crazy?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Well the form maybe.

I wont be comfortable with ppl i dont know having my son's class schedule.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:30 AM

I'd be less uncomfortable with my son giving them MY phone number

Quoting Anonymous:

Well the form maybe.

I wont be comfortable with ppl i dont know having my son's class schedule.

horseap
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Maybe she thinks this will just scare them off if they arent seeing her for the right reasons?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:33 AM
I think the form is a bit overboard. But the things she's asking is stuff I'd ask just to get to know the kid anyway. Well except for his class schedule, that's kinda weird.
livric
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this

wow, a tad extreme.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Heck no! Maybe the class schedule is weird, but I have 2 daughters...that's the stuff I would wanna know. My husband told our little girls that they couldn't even kiss a boy unless that boy kissed him first! LMBO...I can see it now, my little girl telling some little boy "Ummm, my Dad says you got to kiss him first before you can kiss me" Yea, don't think they will be doing any kissing in the near future!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Possibly - she seems of the impression that she can't monitor her 24/7 so if she lets her date but does it her way then it'll seem less inticing

Quoting horseap:

Maybe she thinks this will just scare them off if they arent seeing her for the right reasons?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Just curious - what if they did kiss someone before you or DH found it appropriate?

Quoting Anonymous:

Heck no! Maybe the class schedule is weird, but I have 2 daughters...that's the stuff I would wanna know. My husband told our little girls that they couldn't even kiss a boy unless that boy kissed him first! LMBO...I can see it now, my little girl telling some little boy "Ummm, my Dad says you got to kiss him first before you can kiss me" Yea, don't think they will be doing any kissing in the near future!

luvmymonkeys27
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Filling out an actual form and calling it an interview, yeah that's extreme. But wanting to know that kind of information.... I just think that's good parenting. 

14LVL
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:49 AM
That should take care of her daughters dating because the only kid that woukd stick around to continue dating the daughter would have to be nuts. Are you sure she is mentally stable?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN