Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this crazy?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So my SIL was talking today about her DD14 starting to date. She's imposed a "one year younger one year older" rule on her daughter. At this point I'm like "fair enough, my DD was 17 but your child your rule". and then she interrupts me to say "Well 2 days before the date he comes in for an interview (he has a form to fill out with his classes, grades, any detentions/suspensions, family contact details) and she will ask him for an ID if she thinks he's too old. Is this crazy?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Lol...he was only joking. If they did, then they did. My girls are 11 and 9. My 11 year old already has boys that like her but she says she "don't want no stinkin' bf" Lol and my 9 year old still plays with baby dolls. They are still young yet, but I know it is around the corner. I just don't want them getting into anything before they are ready. We talk to them a lot about boyfriends and kissing and going any further. I encourage them to worry about school and their friends and being a kid and having fun. I tell them all the time go to school, then to college, start a career, live a little first...then worry about the rest after your established.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just curious - what if they did kiss someone before you or DH found it appropriate?

Quoting Anonymous:

Heck no! Maybe the class schedule is weird, but I have 2 daughters...that's the stuff I would wanna know. My husband told our little girls that they couldn't even kiss a boy unless that boy kissed him first! LMBO...I can see it now, my little girl telling some little boy "Ummm, my Dad says you got to kiss him first before you can kiss me" Yea, don't think they will be doing any kissing in the near future!

NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Call me crazy but I like her idea.

I think it makes her dd think about if the boy is worth putting him through the embarrassment of filling out the form. It could possibly prevent her dating a boy who isn't interested but just seeing what he can get out of dd. By getting his schedule she is able to talk to him if an emergency were to happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Pretty sure she is. She just doesn't want DD dating till she's 16 - but she knows that DD being a teen will do what she likes so this is her way of trying to delay it for 2 years.

Quoting 14LVL:

That should take care of her daughters dating because the only kid that woukd stick around to continue dating the daughter would have to be nuts. Are you sure she is mentally stable?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:54 AM

hahaha whoops sorry :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol...he was only joking. If they did, then they did. My girls are 11 and 9. My 11 year old already has boys that like her but she says she "don't want no stinkin' bf" Lol and my 9 year old still plays with baby dolls. They are still young yet, but I know it is around the corner. I just don't want them getting into anything before they are ready. We talk to them a lot about boyfriends and kissing and going any further. I encourage them to worry about school and their friends and being a kid and having fun. I tell them all the time go to school, then to college, start a career, live a little first...then worry about the rest after your established.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just curious - what if they did kiss someone before you or DH found it appropriate?

Quoting Anonymous:

Heck no! Maybe the class schedule is weird, but I have 2 daughters...that's the stuff I would wanna know. My husband told our little girls that they couldn't even kiss a boy unless that boy kissed him first! LMBO...I can see it now, my little girl telling some little boy "Ummm, my Dad says you got to kiss him first before you can kiss me" Yea, don't think they will be doing any kissing in the near future!

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:55 AM

hahaha no sounds funny as hell... it will either scare him away or show him that they care and are watching him! (Tell her to get her DD birth control Not joking there are WAY too many kids getting pregnant at 14 these days!!!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:57 AM

She told me that apparently a 17yo asked out her daughter and they lied and said he was 14 so this is her way of combating it. I like it too TBH - my eldest is too old for this and my youngest are too young but yeah - I like it

Quoting NanaMomo:

I think it makes her dd think about if the boy is worth putting him through the embarrassment of filling out the form. It could possibly prevent her dating a boy who isn't interested but just seeing what he can get out of dd. By getting his schedule she is able to talk to him if an emergency were to happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:58 AM

She feels birth control will give her permission to have sex - and she's planning that (since they're 14/15 and can't drive) any guy who makes it past the interview their date will be completely chaperoned.

Quoting Sammi20:

hahaha no sounds funny as hell... it will either scare him away or show him that they care and are watching him! (Tell her to get her DD birth control Not joking there are WAY too many kids getting pregnant at 14 these days!!!)

NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:04 AM
When I was 14 I dated a 16 yo. we dated for about a year. Anyways lol it does seem like it could help keep an eye on her daughter. At the same time dd will feel like she is trusted and hopefully won't feel the need to go behind her moms back when it comes to boys.

Quoting Anonymous:

She told me that apparently a 17yo asked out her daughter and they lied and said he was 14 so this is her way of combating it. I like it too TBH - my eldest is too old for this and my youngest are too young but yeah - I like it

Quoting NanaMomo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:06 AM

haha GL to that momma!~ I really hope her dd is smart enough to not have sex.. I just remember when I was 15 I walked to safeway with my now husband and bought condoms then went and did it at the beach! Yeah.. my parents were that strict! But they thought I was with a friend going to church group LOL Hey at least we had safe sex!

Quoting Anonymous:

She feels birth control will give her permission to have sex - and she's planning that (since they're 14/15 and can't drive) any guy who makes it past the interview their date will be completely chaperoned.

Quoting Sammi20:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:06 AM

That's what she's hoping

Quoting NanaMomo:

When I was 14 I dated a 16 yo. we dated for about a year. Anyways lol it does seem like it could help keep an eye on her daughter. At the same time dd will feel like she is trusted and hopefully won't feel the need to go behind her moms back when it comes to boys.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NanaMomo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)