Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this crazy?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So my SIL was talking today about her DD14 starting to date. She's imposed a "one year younger one year older" rule on her daughter. At this point I'm like "fair enough, my DD was 17 but your child your rule". and then she interrupts me to say "Well 2 days before the date he comes in for an interview (he has a form to fill out with his classes, grades, any detentions/suspensions, family contact details) and she will ask him for an ID if she thinks he's too old. Is this crazy?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Replies (51-52):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM

lol I'd agree with all of that except SSN, why would you ever need that?

Quoting wildlilacs:

I told my girl's dates, I want their phone #, their address, their parents # and ssn. Make amd model of their car and dl #. Because if anything happens to them I will HUNT him down. Needless to say, nothing happened to them. No, I didnt get all that info, but the boys treated my girls w respect.
I do agree w meeting the boy before hand. And getting their # and parents # and adress.

wildlilacs
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:44 PM
So I CAN HUNT HIM DOWN, there will be no escaping me!!! Lol.
One can move, change phone #, but ssn remains the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol I'd agree with all of that except SSN, why would you ever need that?

Quoting wildlilacs:

I told my girl's dates, I want their phone #, their address, their parents # and ssn. Make amd model of their car and dl #. Because if anything happens to them I will HUNT him down. Needless to say, nothing happened to them. No, I didnt get all that info, but the boys treated my girls w respect.

I do agree w meeting the boy before hand. And getting their # and parents # and adress.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured