Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Bad are video games , Really ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 191 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is just a quick question  for those of you with children who play video games ?  Would you allow you child  14  or under play games like  grand theft auto ,  halo  , call of duty  , battlefield ?   If you dont  allow your children to play such title  please tell why or why not .  I only used these games as a starting point  but im speaking of any  M rated game .  TIA  to all that reply 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Would you allow you child 14 or under play games like grand theft auto , halo , call of duty , battlefield ?

Yes they already do
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this
My 14 year old plays them. He know the difference between real and make believe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyCirca2004
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
This. They are just games.

Quoting Anonymous:

Would you allow you child 14 or under play games like grand theft auto , halo , call of duty , battlefield ?

Yes they already do

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes. I played them, am currently playing final fantasy 9 ( yay!) and I don't see anything wrong with the most violent of games. It's all in the upbringing of the child. I guess a kid who's beat, ignored, mentally abused and plays these tends to stay in the mind set and be aggressive. A kid who plays these, also plays dolls, has a happy childhood, friends, parents that don't put him through hell won't be all I'm angry and I'm in the mood to be angry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this
No grand theft auto but they play the rest. I used to be really protective about it but between playing those games at friends houses and their dad letting them do whatever they wanted while I was at work, I gave up.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't have a problem with video games but I hate seeing kids who get so mad they start throwing stuff and screaming...that's when I think you have a problem...they are taking it WAY to seriously...

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Those games, no. Theyre horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM
3 moms liked this

My 12 year old son plays COD, as do my Hubby and i. We don't allow him to use the mic b/c of the vulgarity on there (and i don't want him annoying the adults) but i see no problem with him playing the games as long as we are actively involved with him. He knows the difference between real life and a game.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM

My DS is now 15 but he has been playing them for awhile. He knows the difference between real and make believe, and he sees worse in school usually.

MrsNewman
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
No. I'd rather my son play Mario and such. The fighting gamess are to graphic for a child that age.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN