Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you divorced?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
If you are divorced, what was the reason for the divorce? Did you have kids at the time of your divorce? What was the first step you took? How long did it take, how much did it cost and was it hard?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:59 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Nope. We were common law, so we just split up. We have one son, and my ex just left and stayed at his parents.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
imacafemomer
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Yes
Abuse
Yes
Secretly opened a new bank account
It took 6 months for the divorce to finalize
It cost 5000
It was easy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Neither one of us contested the divorce- IDK how much he paid.  He cheated on me, so it was just an added bonus that he paid for it.  He didn't fight for any of the household items, so again that worked in my favor.  We have a DD together...  He didn't want visitation for more than 2 days a week for a few hours until she was fully potty trained then everything started going downhill.  I think divorce is way easier than the custody battle.

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM

He was abusive, yes I had children. The first step I took was hiring a lawyer. He was already out of the house. It took a little over a year from start to finish with the divorce (crappy lawyer) and 900 dollars because the filing fee was already paid or it would of been 1100.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Yes. I don't remember how much it cost cause exdh paid for it. We both ended up filing together after a long year of it being contested. He wouldn't sign. He had an affair, and then I had an affair and a few months after that we realized we couldn't make it. We filed in february and our divorce was final in july. Yes we had a child, and he was ordered to pay 1000 in cs. I got sole custody while he got visitations which he never used.
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
No, bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaLa_Ivory
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM
No. i feel bad for people who are. they usually turn frigid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Abuse. I had 4 kids with him. The cops came i ran for it so it didnt take long. It was uncontested so only cost $250.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Yes, cheating. Yes. Lawyer. 5200, 6 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)