Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

eeww thats so gross

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 63 Replies
I adopted a cat from the shelter yesterday and the thing exploded diarrhea all over my bathroom! It wad neutered a few days ago and its the first cat I've ever had so I'm not sure does neutering cause diarrhea? I'm beyond grossed out and I don't know what to do

UPDATE I TOOK IT BACK TO THE HS VET AND HES ALMOST 100% POSITIVE ITS FELINE LEUKEMIA
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thickmamaof2
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Take him back! I had a cat do that and we took it back and they gave the cat treatments
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Eeew. No. The cat is sick from something else.
LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM

It probably ate something it shouldn't. I would call the shelter and ask what kind of food the cat was eating and stick to that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM

He could be sick or stressed out from the surgery and new home. Also if you've fed him something he is not use to eating. Have a vet look at him.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM

He's freaked out by the change of environment and probably still a little sick from being neutered.  He needs to get familiar with his new house.  Give him just a little time.  It's so funny, we adopted a  cat named Harrison and the first thing he did was jump on my son's bed and spray diarreah everywhere--TWICE.  I cried.

ryansmommy07
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM
He's been locked in the bathroom with the litter box his food and water there's nothing else he could eat

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

It probably ate something it shouldn't. I would call the shelter and ask what kind of food the cat was eating and stick to that. 

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Clean up the explosive diarrhea. Is he on pain meds? That can be a side effect from the anesthesia or any pain meds. Also, a new environment can stress an animal and cause stomach upset in even the best tempered animals.
My cat is AMAZING but he had stomach upset for about 6 weeks after we adopted him just from the stress of a new home at 8 years old. He's the best cat ever.
ryansmommy07
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I don't think I could handle 6weeks of diarrhea

Quoting mom2ljh:

Clean up the explosive diarrhea. Is he on pain meds? That can be a side effect from the anesthesia or any pain meds. Also, a new environment can stress an animal and cause stomach upset in even the best tempered animals.

My cat is AMAZING but he had stomach upset for about 6 weeks after we adopted him just from the stress of a new home at 8 years old. He's the best cat ever.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Are you serious?  The cat is likely freaked out.  Chill.

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
It won't remain explosive. It'll get better as Kitty gets more comfortable. Hang in there. Kitty is just stressed. Hug him and love on him. Comfort him. Don't just leave him locked in a bathroom. That'll make it worse.

Quoting ryansmommy07:

I don't think I could handle 6weeks of diarrhea

Quoting mom2ljh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)