Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you are not with your childrens father....

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 74 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you run a background check on new men or women you are dating before introducing them to your kids? Do you think this should be a law (background check for new S/Os)?

Personally, I think its irresponsible to not run a background check on someone you're giving complete access to your children. However, I do not thinly it should be a law.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Fuck no. It would be safe to assume most any female he choses to be with smokes weed. Thankfully we don't have an issue where he brings women in and out of her life. She's only met one girlfriend and she was introduced as a friend.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
And like I've said on here a few times, my boyfriend is a felon. He's WONDERFUL to our kids. I would be hurt that someone would assume that because of his stupid decisions in his past that he wouldn't be suitable around children. Obviously sex crimes would change my stance.
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM

no

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM

no but I know my dad did.

areyouatroll
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Im not implying that if they are a felon or have bad credit they shouldnt be around children.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

And like I've said on here a few times, my boyfriend is a felon. He's WONDERFUL to our kids. I would be hurt that someone would assume that because of his stupid decisions in his past that he wouldn't be suitable around children. Obviously sex crimes would change my stance.
kzuehlk
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
My SO and I both ran background checks on each other before we met. I was just being safe, he has a son from a previous relationship he was protecting. If there was a law and I had kids prior to meeting him, he would not be allowed in their lives due to something stupid he did as a teen. We have a son together now and one on the way. He is a wonderful father
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I don't date.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I'm married now so this doesn't apply to me.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM
What would be the point of the check then? If the results are the same no matter what you found out?

Quoting areyouatroll:

Im not implying that if they are a felon or have bad credit they shouldnt be around children.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Then what are you implying

Quoting areyouatroll:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN