Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pedi's are so confusing...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 9 Replies

I took my son to his pedi this morning and he said my son isn't very social.. My son is a social butterfly. He said he wants me to get him into daycare. Ok first of all I myself am a nanny and i am with multiple different children at all times.. and most of them are my sons age so I take him with me, and I always have.. He has plenty of little friends, and he's very social.. I told his pedi that but he seems to think I'm lying. Am I wrong for thinking that my son is perfectly fine? Or should I take the pedi's advice?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrspena
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Just remember they see your kid maybe 20 mins whenever you do checkups or take you kid in. You know your kids social skills beter than they do. Go with your gut.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I firmly believe Pediatricians dont need to mentally evaluate our children.

Spfldmomof2
by Kimberly on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Go with your gut.  You now your child better than anyone. If you are a nanny, and your son is being socilized, then I wouldn't worry about it. 

Livin.the.Dream
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Do as you feel right. If you feel he is getting enough interaction dont worry about what the pedi said
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Quoting mrspena:

Just remember they see your kid maybe 20 mins whenever you do checkups or take you kid in. You know your kids social skills beter than they do. Go with your gut.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrspena
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
My mom always told my sisters and I "Whos the parent? Whos with them all day? Who knows your kid better? Go with your gut." I always think of that.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Quoting mrspena:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM
My sons pedi said that because my son was behind in speech. It helped him.

Did you tell the pedi he is around other kids? If not that's probably why he said it.
Pnukey
by Jenn on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I'm sure your son is fine. How old is he and how did you see a doctor on Sunday?

areyouatroll
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I would see a different doctor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)