Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Edited with new question* How do you and your partner divide household chores?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Today while vacuuming I thought of this. DH and I simply have an understanding that whoever is not at work does the things that need to be done the only exception is that he cuts the grass in summer.

We have some friends that are a couple and sometimes I can't help but almost giggle about their quirkiness. She WON'T shovel snow, acts like she doesn't know how. Claims she won't vacuum because she is OCD about the vacuum lines in the carpet and will spend hours doing so. BUT she won't let DH do the dishes or laundry among other things. They are just so silly to me. They are currently ttc and I just think it will be interesting to see what happens if they have a child.

How do you disperse chores in your house?

EDIT*** ok so, obviously if only one person works it's fair to assume that the other partner does more around the house but how about in situations where both work outside the home?

Example: DH works 3 12 hour shifts a week and I work 5 8hour shifts per week plus 30 sometimes+ hours of being "on call" at the hospital, as the woman do you feel that I should still play a traditional role in doing the majority of the housework?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Replies (31-40):
Beautiful31mom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I am a Sahm so I do the inside and he does the " man work" our kids have chores as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM

He does all the outside stuff, like the lawn and snow shovel.  I do most of the inside things, but I'm a SAHM and am home more to do it.  But he will really do whatever needs to be done.  This morning before I even got out of bed he had a load of wash going and was making pancakes for breakfast.  He travels for work quite a bit so he often isn't here to to housework.

BREN_da
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I throw out trash and clean out the clutter,he takes the trash to the dump. he puts all the dishes in the sink, I wash them. He and kids drop crumbs on the floor, I vacuum. You get the picture, I'm sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM
i do them all. he pitches in when hes tired of hearing me bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

well, we don't. I just do them since i don't work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I am a SAHM, DH works 40+/week. All I ask him to do is take the trash out :) But if I am not feeling well, he will do some of the chores for me.

Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I do it all. Dh would love to help but im super OCD and wont let him
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I do everything because he works and I don't
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
If we see it needs to be done, we do it. One way or another all the cleaning gets done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jenn on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I do indoor. He does outdoor. I was 35 before I mowed a lawn, and I've only done it that one time. He also helps with indoor though, during the cold months when there is no lawn to mow. It just gets done. Plus, we have kids that help. Everyone helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)