Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you wear this to church? Edit** added pic of sons hair.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am southern baptist & the church I go to is rather relaxed in attire. This is what I'm wearing today. Would you wear something like this to church, or do you think this is appropriate church attire? If you can't tell it's a long sleeves shirt with a tank underneath, blue jeans & I'm wearing black & white checkered converse for shoes.

Added a pic of my sons hair on pg 25 to see what you think.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Replies (311-319):
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM

a) whether or not I am a believer is irrelevant, I am not judging you on your nonbelief... I am judging you on your disrespect for the ones who do believe. 

b) your husband was trying to what he felt was right, and I can understand that you were caught in the situation. I do feel differently knowing you didnt knowingly wear it to church, there was probably no way to run home and change and by no means were you supposed to wear your jacket the entire time and be uncomfortable. Had you been aware of where you were going and chose to go to church wearing that, I would stand by my rude comment and given the way you are acting toward me I think that might be the case anyway.

c) Oh yes, the ones who think immature and passive aggressive insults are rude are the douchebags... keep thinking that sweetheart. 

Quoting 2metalbabies:

What's rude is a person who believes in a mythical diety and judges people on thier lack of insanity. That being said. I had been wearing said shirt all day and my husband picked me up and told me that his side of the family was having a lrechristmas get together. I put my coat on and got in the car. He didn't tell me we were going to church, I didn't tell him what I was wearing. This was 5 years ago, he was trying to take his moms place of keeping both sides together (she has been gone 6 years next week). He wouldn't let me stay in the car, his family hates me, so I took off my coat. Needless to say, the only people who made a fuss about my attire were his family. They are capable of complete douchbagary. Sounds like you might be related.

Quoting anyotherday:

Did they hold a gun to your head? SMH.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Rude to who? My Sunday best is my smile satan loves you shirt. It was rude for someone to force me to go to a church in the first place.

Quoting anyotherday:

That was very rude.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

The last time I was in a church, I wore a slayer shirt that says "god hates us all". I hate church.

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Churches who ask 19 year pregnant girls not to come back? Douchbagary. Churches that tell the fathers if 6 year old girls they can't come back to church because they ask "deeply disturbing" questions ( was Jesus a zombie, how come the dinosaurs aren't in the bible, why does the science channel say the earth is older than the bible does)? Douchebagary. A church that not only expects for the family to supply the food for a funeral, but opens the sympathy cards, pockets the money, expects the grieving family to write the thank you cards (itemized list with addresses were given), and expects the family to pay $500 to help with after funeral costs? Extreme fucktardeness!
The first example was the last time I was ever in a church, the second 2 were the same church my husband took me to.
Church is a status symbol for recovering addicts and people who think they are better than everyone else. Get over yourself! If you were a true Christian or god worshiper, you would not judge, "lest ye be judged yourself".

Quoting anyotherday:

a) whether or not I am a believer is irrelevant, I am not judging you on your nonbelief... I am judging you on your disrespect for the ones who do believe. 

b) your husband was trying to what he felt was right, and I can understand that you were caught in the situation. I do feel differently knowing you didnt knowingly wear it to church, there was probably no way to run home and change and by no means were you supposed to wear your jacket the entire time and be uncomfortable. Had you been aware of where you were going and chose to go to church wearing that, I would stand by my rude comment and given the way you are acting toward me I think that might be the case anyway.

c) Oh yes, the ones who think immature and passive aggressive insults are rude are the douchebags... keep thinking that sweetheart. 

Quoting 2metalbabies:

What's rude is a person who believes in a mythical diety and judges people on thier lack of insanity. That being said. I had been wearing said shirt all day and my husband picked me up and told me that his side of the family was having a lrechristmas get together. I put my coat on and got in the car. He didn't tell me we were going to church, I didn't tell him what I was wearing. This was 5 years ago, he was trying to take his moms place of keeping both sides together (she has been gone 6 years next week). He wouldn't let me stay in the car, his family hates me, so I took off my coat. Needless to say, the only people who made a fuss about my attire were his family. They are capable of complete douchbagary. Sounds like you might be related.

Quoting anyotherday:

Did they hold a gun to your head? SMH.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Rude to who? My Sunday best is my smile satan loves you shirt. It was rude for someone to force me to go to a church in the first place.

Quoting anyotherday:

That was very rude.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

The last time I was in a church, I wore a slayer shirt that says "god hates us all". I hate church.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM
I like it. I think you should wear what you feel comfortable in. It's just a skull.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am actually surprised by these responses. I figured with how liberal this group is there'd be more "they should not judge, they should accept you as you are, etc...". So I figured is see what you guys think of my sons hair for church. I'm guessing this would be a no for most of you too.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:24 AM

The style of clothes you are wearing is fine. I usually dress up more for church, just because that is really the only excuse I ever have to dress up lol. But lots of people at our church wear jeans and tshirts. I would not wear anything with skulls on it though to church or anywhere else, because I think they are really ugly lol. I have never understood why people like skulls? Lol I just think of a dead person when I see one and that just doesn't seem cute or pretty or anything to me haha. But to each their own!

ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I wouldn't, mainly because I stay home all the time and dress like this. There's always been something special about getting to play dress up for just one day a week. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't go to church but if I did I would find it not suitable
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I like his hair just not the shirt

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

I like it. I think you should wear what you feel comfortable in. It's just a skull.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am actually surprised by these responses. I figured with how liberal this group is there'd be more "they should not judge, they should accept you as you are, etc...". So I figured is see what you guys think of my sons hair for church. I'm guessing this would be a no for most of you too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:44 AM
the skull is inappropriate for church no matter how casual the church may be. churches promote life and all things good and of God, and that skull represehts death. you are rude to wear it in a place of worship.
pampire
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I woujldn't wear it at all.  I'd buy it for my cousin who collects skulls though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)