Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there any excuse??!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

For a child to have Head Lice for several years? I know a Mother whose kids have had it for years, im talking 3 almost 4 years. 

What do you think of a Mother who just lets her kids have lice like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM

our elementary school wont let you go to school with head lice.  what does she do about school>?

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM
i had it for almost two yrs when i was a kid, my mother tried everything, but we just couldnt get rid of it. she probably spent over two thousand in treatment stuff. it wasnt lazy parenting, it was just really bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elliem87
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Just remember lice doesn't mean you are dirty. In fact lice love clean hair and hate dirty, greasy, or hair with hair spray. I think it's unfortunate that her kids get lice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ksueditz
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM
We had a family like that in our town. They had 5 school age kids, who continued to share them. But the school wasn't able to do anything. It's not life threatening, so they couldn't keep them out. The school purchased the family the lice products and the mother said you can't make me put chemicals on my kids. For 2 years our school was inundated w/ lice. Idk what happened but the school was finally able to get rid of them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM

im curious what she "tried".  both my girls had it and it took me one week.  granted it was a VERY LONG tiring week... but that is all it took.

every day we washed the sheets.  we covered all furniture in plastic.  I nit picked every morning and every night.  and we bought a natural hair product that we used every day.  It was hard work and I was working on lice from sun up until sun down but in one week we were nit free.

Quoting got2monsters:

i had it for almost two yrs when i was a kid, my mother tried everything, but we just couldnt get rid of it. she probably spent over two thousand in treatment stuff. it wasnt lazy parenting, it was just really bad.

cLanief
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Honestly I had it for years in Jr high. We did everything until we learned about mayo and heat and I never had it again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM

how old were you when you had them? what did your mom do to finally get rid of them? thats just crazy. i'd go insane.

Quoting got2monsters:

Fairywings1223
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM
It doesn't mean she is a bad mother. It is really hard to get rid of. You can miss one nit snd it starts all over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

at our school you are not allowed to go to class if you have lice.  you are required to stay home and must be checked out by the nurse in order to get clearance to come back to school.

Quoting ksueditz:

But the school wasn't able to do anything.

crescentstar2
by Anne on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

we've never had lice, I'm sorry for anyone that has to deal with it. That's just nasty that they've had it so long

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN