Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no more child support!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

My husbands going to be 30 in March and his dad finally made his last child support payment to his mom. She sent us 125 dollars visa gift card for an early birthday present out of the last payment....Anyone else plan on receiving child support till way past the time there kid is 18. She never wanted anything from him but when my husband was 10 they made her establish child support payments bc she wanted wicand food stamps. Going to court that day was the first time he met his real dad in person bc she cut off all ties w/ him once her family found out she was carying a black mans child and said she should get an abortion bc he was going to be black  :( thankfully she did keep my husband and her family came around  to the idea once she stopped answering all his phone calls.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Until he's 30? How in the world did that happen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM
How can she get CS for a child that she isn‘t supporting?
That‘d be like my husband cousin (who has lost custody of her children) getting CS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I know its crazy right he didn't have to start paying the child support till he was 10 years old and then he missed some I guess.

Quoting motherslove82:

Until he's 30? How in the world did that happen?

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I probably will if my ex doesnt sign over his rights anytime soon.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM

My son's father has over 20,000 of child support that he is behind on, so he will more than likely be paying child support for a long time. However, once my son is out of college and on his own, the child support will go to him.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Arrears. If you're in arrears you still have to pay it if the child is over 18 or 21.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

That‘d be like my husband cousin (who has lost custody of her children) getting CS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I'm guessing she was getting back child support. If a payor owes a lot in back child support, regardless of the child's age, that money has to be paid. My son's father owes over 20,00 grand in back child support and my son is almost 18. Those payements won't stop until he pays off the amount owed.

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM
It doesn't matter how old the child is. The father is obligated to pay a set amount and has to pay no matter how long it takes.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM
My brother is 38 - child support was established at birth. This year, my mom received her first ever child support payment of 12,000 dollars. With a letter explaining that she would receive two more 12,000 dollar checks in the following two years.

They were teenagers when my brother was born. He was never involved. He became a homeless crack addict. A few years ago, he got his shit together and is now a small business owner.

My brother will be 40 by the time the last payment is received.
Kimsundaram
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I've heard of this before. If that's how long it takes to pay the outstanding debt that's how long it takes ,,,, it's not the same as getting CS it's just what was outstanding was finally paid. This must be a place that doesn't give up on the outstanding CS owed. Which is good it's just to bad she didn't get it to help with her kid but it's nice of her to send you guys something :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)