Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Settle an argument between me and dh.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
I have a job and I hate where I work. I've been trying to get a job at a place that's more organized and steady hours. My dh is being very unsupportive but my dad, sil and aunt think I should go for it.

Where I work I am sexually harassed daily by some men in a separate department but I deal with them everyday. HR and the owners of the company are fully aware and have done nothing. The company is so unorganized and the management treats the employees like dirt, I talking, they scream and yell at us. My hours are so unstable, 1 week I could be working 40 hours and the next, barely 16. We can't afford me to have such unstable hours.

For a year I have told my manager that I can't stand 8+ hours every single day. I had end stage arthritis in my heel. I had at least 2 years left before I had to fuse it. She wouldn't listen to me or my doctor. In October of last year, the tendons in my ankle started popping and causing major swelling and pain, then the ligaments started causing major pain. To keep so much weight on my heel I had to put the weight on my ankle, if that makes sense. In 6 months I went from not needing surgery for 2 years to needing major surgery right away.

I've been off work for 7 weeks and my manager has kept my job for me. Trust me, it's not because she cares about me. It's because we have at least 2 people quit everyday and the training takes to much time. I already know my job and do it efficiently and well.

I think all of that is enough to seek employment elsewhere. But, even when I am released to work I can't be full weight baring for at least 12 more weeks. The place I'm wanting to get a job at allows sitting, perfect! The hours are steady, perfect! Organized, perfect! No lines out to the parking lot, perfect! I could go on and on.

My dh said not to do it because I'll be starting over and I've been at my current job for 1 year and I've already got seniority because of the high turnover rate. I'll never get a raise, they do not give raises. No room to move up, they hire outside the company for higher positions. I'm stuck at crap pay and crap treatment. People who were desperate for a job said f this place, it's not worth it. I've dealt with so much in 12 months.

Ok, if I can sit down I can be released to work in 2 weeks, that works out perfectly. If I can't sit, I won't be released for another 6 weeks, which means a total of 12 weeks being off of work.

What would you do? Sorry so long but I really think I'd be happier at this other place.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Go for it!! Being happy at a job makes life much better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tessamalk
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM
4 moms liked this

Go for the new job!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM
5 moms liked this

I didnt read past the third sentence. Your dh is a douche. he isnt supportive of you leaving a job you are being sexually harassed at? Dump the man and the job. You deserve better

MissMysteriouss
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Seems like an easy choice. I would switch jobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sorcha1945
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Tell your husband you are taking the other job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I'd leave and take the new job.

CafeMom Tickers
Emilytrademark
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

You owe it to yourself to definitely find a different job! I am saddened by the fact that your DH wants you to stay in a situation like that.

BabyFruit Ticker
evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

It's important to like your job, makes all the difference.

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM
5 moms liked this
I'd think any good husband who cares about his wife would want what is best for her health and emotional well being.

I'd go for the job. Your husband sounds very self centered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mistweave
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Sue the company, get the new job, and live happily ever after.  It's your life and your job choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN