Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter is a brat

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 77 Replies
I'm having alot of trouble with my daughter. She is 5 years old and a huge brat. She won't listen to me at all, I tell her to go play and she says " well I don't want to, it's not my cup of tea right now" and ill tell her that if she doesn't she gets a spanken, corner time or her playroom shut down, and all she says is " I don't want to do any of those and I want to do what I want" and then I get so angry that I yell and say things I don't mean. I then feel bad for it. I don't know what to do, I've taken away her toys, spanked her, put her in the corner, behavior charts, everything and nothing works. I have a 7 month old son also and she loves him so much but she is always up in his face and won't listen when I tell her to get away. She listens to my husband but is still getting lippy with him. She talks back, she's very bossy, she has very few friends because she bully's them, she is always loud and obnoxious. I get so mad at her and I get this feeling inside that I just want to take my son and leave but I can't because I love her so much but don't know how long I can take it. I feed her, I bathe her, I make sure she has clothes and a roof over her head and she has tons of toys. I just want her to listen and be a nice, loving, sweet little girl but she's full of spite and meanness and sometimes likes to be nice and loving but I don't want to be around her after she's mean to me, she will call me names and fat and I suck at cooking, etc and it hurts. As a baby she didn't like to be held or touched and was a very crabby and fussy baby but through all that I held her and loved her and made sure she was happy so I don't know what happened. I'm not consistent, my mom and sad never where either. But I was told to be consistent but its soooo hard. She is very smart and has been able to read since 3. She now can sound out words in her head and write them down. I love her so much and just want us to stop fighting and get along because I don't want her to hate me and I don't want to end up not liking her. I'm not sure what I'm expecting out of posting this but I just need to talk to someone that could possibly give me some advice on what to do. Thank you for listening sometimes it helps to get it out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like me as a kid I was diagnosed with odd
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM
5 moms liked this
You lost me at threatening to spank her for not playing. It sounds like you're the problem, not her.
Xander2212
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I think she has ADHD, both her dad and I were and I still have add but yes think she is because she's so defient, and her concentration is terrible.
Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM
That's what I was thinking.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

You lost me at threatening to spank her for not playing. It sounds like you're the problem, not her.
Xander2212
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this
It's not spanking her for not playing its for not listening and being snotty. I don't like spanking at all but sometimes it needs to be done. I don't soank her for not playing, if she doesn't want to play its fine but all she has to do is just listen or say what she has to say nicely. Why the heck would I spank her for not playing? She is snippy and lippy, what would you do? Would you give in and let her walk all over you like she already does to me. I'm not going to do what most parents do and give their kids everything they want and turn out to be worse and the parents bow to everything theirs kids say, who's the parent in that situation.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Xander2212
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Ok to clear things up, I don't spank or punish my daughter for not playing, it's for not listening and talking back all snotty, sorry I should have worded it different, my bad.

Quoting Xander2212:

I'm having alot of trouble with my daughter. She is 5 years old and a huge brat. She won't listen to me at all, I tell her to go play and she says " well I don't want to, it's not my cup of tea right now" and ill tell her that if she doesn't she gets a spanken, corner time or her playroom shut down, and all she says is " I don't want to do any of those and I want to do what I want" and then I get so angry that I yell and say things I don't mean. I then feel bad for it. I don't know what to do, I've taken away her toys, spanked her, put her in the corner, behavior charts, everything and nothing works. I have a 7 month old son also and she loves him so much but she is always up in his face and won't listen when I tell her to get away. She listens to my husband but is still getting lippy with him. She talks back, she's very bossy, she has very few friends because she bully's them, she is always loud and obnoxious. I get so mad at her and I get this feeling inside that I just want to take my son and leave but I can't because I love her so much but don't know how long I can take it. I feed her, I bathe her, I make sure she has clothes and a roof over her head and she has tons of toys. I just want her to listen and be a nice, loving, sweet little girl but she's full of spite and meanness and sometimes likes to be nice and loving but I don't want to be around her after she's mean to me, she will call me names and fat and I suck at cooking, etc and it hurts. As a baby she didn't like to be held or touched and was a very crabby and fussy baby but through all that I held her and loved her and made sure she was happy so I don't know what happened. I'm not consistent, my mom and sad never where either. But I was told to be consistent but its soooo hard. She is very smart and has been able to read since 3. She now can sound out words in her head and write them down. I love her so much and just want us to stop fighting and get along because I don't want her to hate me and I don't want to end up not liking her. I'm not sure what I'm expecting out of posting this but I just need to talk to someone that could possibly give me some advice on what to do. Thank you for listening sometimes it helps to get it out.

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:02 PM

You threaten to spank her for not going and playing.. and then have to ask what is wrong with her?

Are you freakin serious?

Fire13Life

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM

If you're spanking her for "not listening" when you tell her to go play you ARE infact spanking her for not going and playing.. I don't care how you word it, it's all the same!

Quoting Xander2212:

It's not spanking her for not playing its for not listening and being snotty. I don't like spanking at all but sometimes it needs to be done. I don't soank her for not playing, if she doesn't want to play its fine but all she has to do is just listen or say what she has to say nicely. Why the heck would I spank her for not playing? She is snippy and lippy, what would you do? Would you give in and let her walk all over you like she already does to me. I'm not going to do what most parents do and give their kids everything they want and turn out to be worse and the parents bow to everything theirs kids say, who's the parent in that situation.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Fire13Life

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
You said she said playing wasn't her cup of tea. That would be fine with me. That wasn't being lippy, she was expressing her feelings.

Quoting Xander2212:

Quoting ButterMeUp:

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM
THISSSSSS!

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

If you're spanking her for "not listening" when you tell her to go play you ARE infact spanking her for not going and playing.. I don't care how you word it, it's all the same!

Quoting Xander2212:

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN