Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do I tell my husband?..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
That I don't think I'm attracted to him or men in general? I've been so hurt by men including my husband (no cheating but alot of trust issues) and idk that I even want to be with a man. The thought of penetration with him disgusts me. I wouldn't consider myself a lesbian cuz I am still attracted to men but idk that I ever want to be with a man again. We never have sex only when he begs for it and I feel bad. Idk how to bring this up to him but I think I want a divorce. He's a great guy but I don't feel like I love him anymore. Please don't be bitches I feel bad enough.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HerLadyGrey
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Try some counseling first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM
How can you not be attracted to him or men in general, but still be attracted to men? I would tell him that, its confusing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Idk like I find men attractive but the thought of sex with a man is not appealing at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

How can you not be attracted to him or men in general, but still be attracted to men? I would tell him that, its confusing.
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Will he go to marriage counseling?  It will help you sort your feelings as well and if you still want a divorce there is a third person there to help you communicate this to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Yes he will we've been trying to find one In our budget. He fucked up a couple months ago and hurt me badly and has been looking for one since then to try and work past our issues. I wish he wouldn't care so much. I know that sounds awful but idk how to be open without hurting him.

Quoting tlcory:

Will he go to marriage counseling?  It will help you sort your feelings as well and if you still want a divorce there is a third person there to help you communicate this to him.

mommytotwonow
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM

go talk to someone before you do something you cant fix

sydjademom24
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Is the thought of being intimate with a woman attractive? I would maybe consider counseling if you think this is something you could work on...if not just be honest. It's better for you to be happy then to drag this out trying to deal with it for months and years, just hoping maybe your feelings will change. We can't help who we love or who we are attracted to. You only have one life, and you deserve to happy, wether that's being single, or with another man, or woman.....that's your business. Don't waste your time trying to force yourself to change or feel differently...you know what you want, just go for it. You obviously don't have to be mean or rude when your talking to him about it....just explain it to him like you explained it to us....that he's a great guy, your just not attracted to him anymore...that you want something different. The longer you drag it out the worse it's gonna be. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk like I find men attractive but the thought of sex with a man is not appealing at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM
A couple of months? It takes time and effort to heal. Don't give up just yet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes he will we've been trying to find one In our budget. He fucked up a couple months ago and hurt me badly and has been looking for one since then to try and work past our issues. I wish he wouldn't care so much. I know that sounds awful but idk how to be open without hurting him.

Quoting tlcory:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Counseling definitely. individual first then couples. You need to sort through your feelings and try to figure out what's going on. Then work together with him with a counselor to either try to fix marriage or get him to understand that it just isnt meant to be so you two can have a nice as possible divorce and remain friendly for the kids.

Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I think you should get some Counseling. It would really help you! Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)