Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't understand why he treats me this way (small update in OP)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 158 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been married for 8 years and have 3 young kids.  My DH is a total asshole.  he treats me like crap, calls me names, curses at me in front of the kids, etc.  we just had a fight over nothing and he told me he was going to choke me and stab me.  he is useless around here, contributes NOTHING to this marriage (he doesn't work, doesn't help around the house, etc.  my older child is crying saying "I don't like when you guys fight" - this is not the life I envisioned for myself or my kids.  I am so lost !!!

EDIT - so I wrote him a little note (it is easier for me to write my thoughts out.  every time I try to talk to him, it truns into a fight - I listed my 3 non-negotiables (things that have to change if we are to stay together) - I folded the page so that these 3 things were on the inside.  I wrote a little note on the front.  I was brusing my teeth this morning.  he read the front page and then threw it out without even reading the list.  I was so hurt - he obviously has no desire to fix this.  I am done, my rings are off and he is out of my life. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM
4 moms liked this
You should be saying my ex husband. I mean seriously, I'm the first to suggest counseling but you can't fix everyone. Leave his ass quick!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Why do you put up with it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

it's more complicated than that unfortunately.  I do not want a divorce, I want my DH back.  this is NOT the man I married or I would have never married him :(

QuickMomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Agree

Quoting ButterMeUp:

You should be saying my ex husband. I mean seriously, I'm the first to suggest counseling but you can't fix everyone. Leave his ass quick!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Ex husband? Sounds like a good idea to me!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I am just afraid of the "unknown"

btw - we haven't been intimate in almost a year - ahhhhh 

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

Why do you put up with it?

kappalopokis
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I'm sorry.
mary841108
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this

again: Ryan, I freaking love you! these women on here make me appreciate what i have more and more every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM

thanks.  I am sitting here crying in the bathroom so my kids won't get upset.  I do not deserve this, I am a good wife and a good mom, I deserve so much more, and so do my kids.  I am just so scared.

Quoting kappalopokis:

I'm sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM

well gee, that's helpful...smh

Quoting mary841108:

again: Ryan, I freaking love you! these women on here make me appreciate what i have more and more every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)