Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you not buying a house.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Does it make sense to get a real estate agent? My DF and DD are just looking for a 2 bedroom apt. And I'm not interested in renting in a complex but every time I look its all the same ones! Any advice???
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CookieMom108
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't think so.  Any time I rented, I found the place on my own.  I'm not even sure how agents get commission on rentals?  Maybe just keep driving through the neighborhoods that you like and hope to see a for rent sign.  I don't like complexes either and in the past I've found nice places just by doing a drive by.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

people have to make a living. If you hire an agent to find you a rental then... alrighty then. But remember they have to make money.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM

There were times I had to go through the owners real estate agent, but we didn't personally have one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Did you have to pay them?

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

There were times I had to go through the owners real estate agent, but we didn't personally have one. 

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I have an apartment finder that I call anytime I needed a new place. I love get and she's been very good to me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

It was an application fee, but that was it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you have to pay them?

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Sure why not. It would help narrow it down
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I don't know why you would need to. Get out the phone book, look up apartments, then go tour them. And if you don't like all the ones you see... well... that's what you have to choose from, so... find the one that sucks the least.

Aeonix
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I wouldn't go to a normal real estate agent. I would find one that deal with rentals. They can help you negotiate on rent, anything that needs fixed, and they can also get access to homes before the average joe. I've always been told the ones online are the leftovers, so to speak. I don't know if that still holds true today, but it CAN be worth getting a realtor if you are striking out on your own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN