Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so i just found the perfect house (we are buying a new house) it has everything we want but the only thing is it has an inground pool and i have 3 small kids.how do you mamas deal with a pool and little ones

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
KeriAZ
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Learn CPR.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Alarm, gate and my 4 yr old can swim.
Most states require gates around the pool.
Chemicals are fking expensive...lol
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM

i know cpr

Quoting KeriAZ:

Learn CPR.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I have a lock on the patio door with a bolt way out of reach of them even if they stood on a chair.  I have baby gates.  I remind them that it is dangerous unless they are with someone, swimm lessons with a focus also on floating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Watch them?

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Lock the door and make sure they can't get out without you knowing. When you're outside with them watch them at all times or fence off the pool. Teach them to swim ASAP.

Or if all else failes, when summer comes and they don't listen to you (and are old enough), thrown them in the deep end and let them realize that being in the water not knowing how to swim is not fun. I know a woman that did this, her DD did not go near the pool without mommy or daddy ever until she learned how to swim.

athiareece
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM
we had gate with an alarm when opened and the door to go outside the pool alarmed when opened.
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:04 AM
I couldn't. If I had to I'd put some kind of alarm that would go off if the 6 ft prison style barbed wire fence wad even touched. I'd have deadbolt on the gates and I'd watch like a hawk....I also may have a slightly intense fear of my child drowning. Cause I'm not so paranoid around fire. We have huge bonfires in our yard and my son is allowed around those...somehow I Feel fire is a lot more of a natural danger more obvious. Water is so damn enticing, alluring and appears safe. Scares the hell out of me. But I love the water. So does my son. But I'd never relax if we had a pool.
happy41ce
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Watch them...
MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:10 AM

My parents have a porch with a latching gate they lock when the kids are there and they have a chain lock on the top of the back door along with a wireless door alarm. They also have the floating ball alarm in the pool that sounds like a freaking air raid if someone or something falls in.

ETA: Both my 6 and 3 year old could swim by 2 and by 18 months we made them learn how to climb out while fully dressed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)