Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A question for you Moms who don't believe in God!!! PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM
  • 105 Replies

What in your life made you stop believing in God? What would you do if your children told you they wanted to go to a church n worship God? I hope you all don't mind me asking but I was always wonder this.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I was born not believing god. not everyone is born into a religious family and sometimes -not to insult religious persons- religious families forget that.

YngCollegeSMom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I just grew up. I believed so hard when I was a child but I was doing it because I felt like I had to. If I didn't, I was afraid of going to hell. Around 14 I realized that I shouldn't believe in something out of fear and that it was pretty redundant. 

If my child wants to go to church and worship god, I will let them. My parents let me explore church and Christianity with out practicing themselves, and I ended up not following that faith in the end anyway. 

newmommy7608
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Doesn't look like anybody's going to answer but I'm interested to know the same thing...I'll take a seat!!!! 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Nothing made me stop believing, I never started
wilesmomma
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Logic. Education. Curiosity. I will not force my views on my children. I will educate them on everything and let them make their own decisions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Just never believed. I would support my kids if they wanted to go, as long as they went with someone I trusted.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Reality.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM
A lot of things made me stop. After I stopped believing my depression went away.
I would let them. It‘s their right to have their own beliefs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe in God.  I don't believe in the Christian god.  Huge difference.

maryjmom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I have several reasons why I don't believe in God. They are personal reasons, and very few people know the reasons why. They respect them and they don't bring it up at all, nor do they try to push any religion on me.

My DD is 7 years old and goes to church. She knows that Mama doesn't believe the same thing she does. I explain other religions to her and their origins. When she gets old enough to make an understood choice about what she wants to believe in, then I will let her. I don't have any issue at all with her going to church. I actually encourage it. I want her to have a thorough understanding of any and all religions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)