Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A question for you Moms who don't believe in God!!! PIOG

What in your life made you stop believing in God? What would you do if your children told you they wanted to go to a church n worship God? I hope you all don't mind me asking but I was always wonder this.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Replies (101-105):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:36 AM

And diseases. And deaths.  And the reason why women get abortions.  I can go on and on.

Quoting Sassy762:

IF there was a GOD......WHY would he allow all the horrible things happen to innocent people...especially children.

Don't bother answering I have heard the answer  a million times...but you aaked a question and I answered

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:36 AM
I stopped believing because I have a mind and I can think.

That being said, dd will be going to catholic school, if we can afford it when the time comes, because I went to both catholic and public and got a far better education in the Catholic school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abbie.alder
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I believe in God.  I don't believe in the Christian god.  Huge difference.

This exactly.

abbie.alder
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

If God isn't real, how did we get here? Sure, our parents had sex, but how were their bodies so complex to be able to create a totally new human being?

Have you never taken a science class?

deepthinker
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:49 AM

I grew up in a very religious household, but I was always an inquisitive child.  I asked a lot of questions that couldn't be answered, even in Sunday school.  I got tired of hearing "God works in mysterious ways" or "God knows and sees all".  So I began to do some "soul searching" as a teenager.  I started studying different religions and their origins. I attended different churches beyond the one that I was born into.  After years and years of reading, learning, and analyzing information.  I came to the conclusion that there was no God.

My children go to church already. My children go to church with my mom, my cousins, my sister, my best friend.  They have children's bibles that they read that I have from my childhood.  My children will be allowed to make their own choices on what they believe.  They know my opinion as well, and what I believe, but they learn from others with different religions what they believe.  It doesn't scare me to send my children to a church, the bible to me is nothing more then a book, and they won't be brainwashed into believing one way because they are being exposed to different types of things. If they choose to worship a God, they are still my children and that is just the choice they make.  My mother never disowned me when I told her I didn't believe in God and She's the church secretary and also a church usher, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)