Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A question for you Moms who don't believe in God!!! PIOG

What in your life made you stop believing in God? What would you do if your children told you they wanted to go to a church n worship God? I hope you all don't mind me asking but I was always wonder this.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Just Never really bought into the whole thing but if my children choose then that's great! I cannot choose their path for them.
mommamaggi
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I read the bible, that's what made me stop believing, I was 13.

If my kids wanted to go to church... well I mean that's their choice, I wouldn't stop them or belittle them for it, but I plan on introducing them to religion when they are at an age where they can reason. I will introduce them to all of the major religions, as well as Greek, Roman and Norse mythology and let them decide for themselves what they do and don't believe. I will not give them my interpretations of these books. Belief is a personal thing, and I wont influence them, I will just give them the tools they need to come to their own conclusions... what those conclusions are is totally up to them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I read the bible and looked at the world. Those 2 things made me realize there is no god. My kids are free to choose their own belief.

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I had a very difficult situation that I prayed for the holy spirit to be with me through. I prayed harder than I ever had before and instead of feeling the presence I felt completely alone and abandoned. If my daughter wants to persue any religion that's her choice and I will do everything in my power to facilitate that choice. I however don't believe in the christian god anymore and if he does exist why would I serve a god who abandoned me when I needed my god more than I ever have in my life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Which one DO you believe in?  The Jewish God?  (As in the one from the old testament.) The Islamic God?  How are they different from the Christian God?  

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I believe in God.  I don't believe in the Christian god.  Huge difference.

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I don't think I ever started. My parents never talked about god and stuff. I always knew my great grandmother believes in god. I still don't know my dads beliefs and my moms, I think she does.
If my child wants to believe, that's fine with me. I hope she finds something like that for herself. I'm sure my in laws would take her to church if she wanted to go. They don't go, but they say every year they are goin to start going.
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Believing in god is a learned behavior.

If my kids want to learn when they are grown, they may.

ashellbell
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I never really questioned until I was 27, that's when I was informed that the story of Jesus wasn't original. After much research I just lost faith. I didn't find it plausible anymore. My dd goes to church, she believes in God, but she also accepts scientific theories. She takes the Bible as metaphorical. It doesn't bother me, she's not a fundie, I think her belief comes from wanting an afterlife.
LDennany
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I have never been a believer. If my children wanted to go to church and were to believe in God then I wouldn't stop them.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I see no proof of his existence. I believe in logic and facts, and religion is not logical to me. Most of my family is Christian and the few times I have been to church, I had a real problem with some of the things they are preaching. My children will be free to make their own religious choices.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)