Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A question for you Moms who don't believe in God!!! PIOG

What in your life made you stop believing in God? What would you do if your children told you they wanted to go to a church n worship God? I hope you all don't mind me asking but I was always wonder this.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
Dungonecrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I just did a lot of searching for and within myself. The God thing just didn't seem right to me. Even as a young kid, going to church felt weird.

If my kids came to me believing, I'd be happy and supportive of them, and be happier if they found that path on their own. I don't want them to be forced into any following, I want them to find these things out for themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Nothing has made me STOP believing in God. I just never believed in him to begin with. My child HAS told me that he wanted to attend church with a friend/family several times and I have allowed him to go. Hell I have even went with him to show that I am more than willing to support his decisions regardless of my own.

When he is with his Aunt from his father's side he goes to her Christian church. He's also been exposed to Catholic churches from my aunt when he stayed with her for a month last summer and my friend is Catholic as well and when he wants to go we accompany her on Sundays.

I'm a full believer that every single person should be allowed to formulate their own opinions and judgements on everything in life, ESPECIALLY religion. I don't want my child to blindly believe in what I believe simply because that's all he knows. I want him to have an exposure to many different beliefs and cultures and find his own through those experiences.

That's just me though. I know many aren't nearly as open minded as I can be.

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Same here.

Quoting wilesmomma:

Logic. Education. Curiosity. I will not force my views on my children. I will educate them on everything and let them make their own decisions.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I don't believe in the God described in the Bible. I am more deist. I have always questioned Christianity. When my sons ask to go to church because they want to (and haven't been guilted by my mom) we go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I believe in alot of things. I pick at what i like/agree with from every religion. As for my kids...they are baptized and will do their first communion etc but their beliefs are their choice. Who I am to say they are wrong? If they want to go to church Ill take them
SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I felt the same way as a child. My family didn't really go to church so my curiosity extended into my friend's families. I would go to many different ones and never felt comfortable. Like I was somehow an outsider and could see beyond what they were preaching about, despite how nice and accomodating the people of the church were.

Quoting Dungonecrazy:

I just did a lot of searching for and within myself. The God thing just didn't seem right to me. Even as a young kid, going to church felt weird.

If my kids came to me believing, I'd be happy and supportive of them, and be happier if they found that path on their own. I don't want them to be forced into any following, I want them to find these things out for themselves.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Why does God have to have a religion attached to it?  It's possible to believe in a higher being that doesn't have a religious label.

Quoting chalisa0:

Which one DO you believe in?  The Jewish God?  (As in the one from the old testament.) The Islamic God?  How are they different from the Christian God?  

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I believe in God.  I don't believe in the Christian god.  Huge difference.

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I grew up and became more wiser and educated and just could not agree or come to terms with the actions of the church, organized religion, or God at all which I have always doubted even as a child. I don't push my son into any religion or beliefs nor do I deter them either. He is free to explore and come to a conclusion regarding his beliefs on his own. If he chooses to become more religious in the future, then so be it, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. He's 8 now and showing an interest in Buddhism so we will provide him with all the literature that we can and if he wants to go to a service we will find a trusted individual to take him to one who will show him what it's like , but not try to force their beliefs or indoctrinate him in any way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Logic made me stop believing. My children believe and go to church with friends and family. They are not aware that neither dh or I believe because I don't want to influence them. They are free to believe (or not believe) whatever they choose.
embersparkle
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Not true for everyone. I have always believed in God. No one conditioned me to believe. I can't imagine ever denying his existence.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

Believing in god is a learned behavior.

If my kids want to learn when they are grown, they may.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN