Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A question for you Moms who don't believe in God!!! PIOG

What in your life made you stop believing in God? What would you do if your children told you they wanted to go to a church n worship God? I hope you all don't mind me asking but I was always wonder this.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I never did believe in Christianity. If my children told me they wanted to join a religion I would help them find a place they love/are comfortable to worship in. I would also help them do research and take them to multiple churches or places of worship for any faith they were interested in.
my4loves4
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I beleive in god, but not the bible or jesus. I have tried my whole life but i just beleive what i beleive...And for my kids, i want them to experiance it all and decide for themselves what they beleive in. I will never push my beleifs on my children. I let my son go to the christian church with his dad, and the luthern church with his stepdad. When he grows up he can decide for himself, but i want him to know there are many ways to have faith...

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM

1. Too much and too long of a story and no one here would believe it anyways, not to mention I was already a little iffy, all of this stuff just solidified my decision.

2. My oldest son believes in God because his father's side of the family takes him to church. Yay for him. As long as he is with me, he won't be going and he knows and doesn't ask why we don't go. It's never been in our routine to go and he didn't ever go anyways until he met his father when he was 4.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I have never believed in God.  Nothing ever made me stop believing, I just never believed to begin with.  My child's beliefs are hers. She is free to believe in and worship whatever it she wants to.  Her beliefs and my beliefs aren't ever going to be the same. We are two different people.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Pretty much her first paragraph.

My dd does believe in god, so in spend more time than I want to in church.

Quoting YngCollegeSMom:

I just grew up. I believed so hard when I was a child but I was doing it because I felt like I had to. If I didn't, I was afraid of going to hell. Around 14 I realized that I shouldn't believe in something out of fear and that it was pretty redundant. 

If my child wants to go to church and worship god, I will let them. My parents let me explore church and Christianity with out practicing themselves, and I ended up not following that faith in the end anyway. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I have always believed in God and always will.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I stopped believing in God due to the utter lack of logic believing involved.  It's just not possible.  

My kids are educated ABOUT religion, but not indoctrinated into one.  When they are older, they can explore and decide for themselves with my support.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Never have. If my children want to, that is their choice.

kibbskins
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Well, I never ever liked going to mass on Sundays (raised catholic). I liked going to the classes and Sunday school though cause it was fun and I liked learning, but as I got older I just thought about it and researched it and decided I didn't actually believe in God. I got confirmed only because I made a deal with my mom that if I got confirmed I didn't have to go to church on Sundays anymore.

If my son told me that he wanted to go to church, I would probably make sure he knew about several different religions and ensure that he wanted to go for a reason, if he was old enough etc. I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as he was making an informed decision.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I'm so SORRY, I can't really imagine how you feel. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I took care of my aunt the last 6 months of her life, she passed in Dec. 2009, my son (not quite 2 years old) tragically died in April 2010, March 2011 I lost my mom, June 2011 I lost my granny. After all of those close losses so close together I lost my faith/belief in God. I have tried to get it back but just can not believe someone that is suppose to be so good can put me through so much pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)