Parenting fails 10 things that irk me.....Edit in Red
As to my reply to another post regarding people smoking in a car while a child is in the car here are 10 more things that irk me that parents do:
1) Smoking pot while pregnant or when you have children is just irresponsible and stupid...pregnant, for obvious reasons and as a parent it does cloud your judgement so no you are not all there if having to make quick decisions, same with drinking.
2) Lack of discipline, allowing the child to "express themselves" bullshit TEACH that child what is right and wrong.
3) Allowing your child to run ahead of you in a parking lot, really? Need I say more on this one.
4)Thinking the toy department at a store is a playground for your child, refer back to #2.
5) Not dressing your child appropriately in cold weather, if YOU need a coat or sweater and socks and shoes I guarantee you your child does too! If you are a heavy person and dont need a coat or sweater realize you have a a lot more padding than your LO.
6) If you will not discipline your child to act appropriately in a restaurant get a babysitter if you want to eat out, I'm not talking about LO's that have little fits but 4 yrs and up that should know better!
7) Allowing your child to swear (I'm not talking about a slip up) refer back to #2.
8) Parents that use their children to get back or hold over an ex or Grandparent, you are only hurting your child in the long run, get over yourself stop acting like a spoiled brat, the child is not an object!
9) Do NOT send your child to school if they are sick or have lice!
10) Because you have a child/children does not make you an expert on other people's children, every child is different, what worked for you does not mean it will work for others. On that note stop being so defensive if someone gives you a suggestion/advice, you don't have to do what they suggest, just move on.
There are many more but here's just 10 examples that drive me crazy I'm certainly not an expert but these are just things that irk me. What do you see parents/people do with/for or around children that irk you?
Edit: for those who are stuck on #10.....besides the fact that I stated "if you don't like the advice and move on" that everyone seems to be overlooking when trying to be snarky, I never said this was an advice post in the first place, these are just things that irk me!