Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Another post made me think of this. This is still something that kinda bothers me. I got married April 2012 and of course wanted my best friend to be my maid of honor, she was excited and all for it. I live in Alabama (moved here a few years back from Kansas) she still lives in Kansas. My girls all had 6 months to get their dresses and I had told them if they needed help I would totally pay (most generally the wedding party pays for their stuff but I was willing to help). My best friend told me she wouldn't have a problem but as time passed she kept putting off getting her dress and giving me excuses. I not once got mad at her though, I just kept reminding her I'd help. I was even going to pay her way down here so she wouldn't have had to pay anything. (We were best friends for 13 years by the way). she stopped replying to my messages and out of the blue she said she couldn't afford the dress, it was too late to order it otherwise I would've. Still I wasn't mean or or got mad at her. Of course I was a little upset and I told her that then that was the last I heard from her. She deleted me off Facebook, never returned texts or calls. She's never tried to contact me again... I've asked other people she knows about her but nobody knows much. I miss my best friend but I honestly don't know if she wants anything to do with anybody. It's been a year now and I've been thinking of trying to find her online. What would you guys do? Ever lost contact with somebody? I don't know if the wedding did it or maybe she had her own battle going on she didn't want to tell me about.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM

No, those who matter Ive always found a way to keep in touch. Sounds like she has something going on in her life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Same here, we were so close and it is hard for me to let go of people. That's why it still bothers me. I moved here due to a job but always kept contact with her and when I went to visit Kansas I always made sure to see her.

Quoting mommy_me:

No, those who matter Ive always found a way to keep in touch. Sounds like she has something going on in her life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM
She didn't happen to know your DH before, did she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Nope, I met him here in Alabama.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Well, that's good. I have no idea what the problem is then. Maybe she always wanted to get married and things never went right. Maybe she just went through hard times. Idk, but if you are worried, you should check up on her. Maybe she got a controling boyfriend

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I've been wanting to but I don't know if SHE wants me to. It won't hurt to try. Sometimes I wonder if she just wanted to leave everything behind since a lot of our other friends haven't heard from her either. I had heard she moved to another city so maybe? It just sucks...

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, that's good. I have no idea what the problem is then. Maybe she always wanted to get married and things never went right. Maybe she just went through hard times. Idk, but if you are worried, you should check up on her. Maybe she got a controling boyfriend

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)