Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:40 PM
10 moms liked this

So basically you think that a mom having any job at all is better than what I do?  That some mom that works at Mcdonalds is contributing more to society than I am just because she has a job and I don't? And no I am not saying that is what I am qualified to do so don't go jumping to any conclusions.  I don't have to fill my life full of a bunch of extra curricular activities so that I feel like I am making a difference in the world.  I make a difference every day to the only world that matters to me: My Family.  They are my world and I contribute to their betterment every single day.  If you want to work or need to work, or whatever your personal situation is thats fine with me.  I don't think I am better than you are.  I don't see why you have to feel like you are better than anyone else.  I know that at the end of each day my family and I are happy and that's what counts in my book. As long as you can say the same(however you achieve that happiness) then you are obviously doing something right.  I see no reason to be so condescending about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

StoneColdKiller
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
4 moms liked this

that sounds very boring.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm only saying a truly productive member of society can do both. By the time my children were teenagers I had taken them with me to haiti to help a small village build a well for fresh water, and I had architected the NBC recon vehicles for NATO.

I think you should expect more of yourself.

Quoting AMCMSM:

No, I work, volunteer, and have a happy child. I just think that raising a happy successful child contributes far more to society than any job I could work.

saying that you contribute nothing to society by being a SAHM is just as silly as saying you can not be good mother if you work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you incapable of having happy, well-adjusted children AND contribute to the betterment of society?

Quoting AMCMSM:

Happy well adjusted children does contribute to society. Do you believe that working outside the home is the only way to add anything to society? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

StoneColdKiller
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

OP you have no idea what most sahm do.

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
4 moms liked this

You are providing society with your children who will one day be adults who contribute to society, don't let the haters get to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

So basically you think that a mom having any job at all is better than what I do?  That some mom that works at Mcdonalds is contributing more to society than I am just because she has a job and I don't? And no I am not saying that is what I am qualified to do so don't go jumping to any conclusions.  I don't have to fill my life full of a bunch of extra curricular activities so that I feel like I am making a difference in the world.  I make a difference every day to the only world that matters to me: My Family.  They are my world and I contribute to their betterment every single day.  If you want to work or need to work, or whatever your personal situation is thats fine with me.  I don't think I am better than you are.  I don't see why you have to feel like you are better than anyone else.  I know that at the end of each day my family and I are happy and that's what counts in my book. As long as you can say the same(however you achieve that happiness) then you are obviously doing something right.  I see no reason to be so condescending about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Miranda1127
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM

you're not against sahms yet you insinuate that sahms are lazy...nice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Haters don't get to me. I was just making sure I had her point clear.  I don't think I am better than anyone.  Its not my place to judge.

Quoting mommamaggi:

You are providing society with your children who will one day be adults who contribute to society, don't let the haters get to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Do you teach your children only about your miniscule microcosm too?

I assume all women are capable of having an advanced education and contributing more than McDonalds....some don't try though. They settle for being June Cleaver. How endearing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM

What is a WAHM? 

Kaitlin123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM
OK who cares
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaitlin123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Working at home mom

Quoting tlcory:

What is a WAHM? 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured