Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM
As mentioned in a prior post {yes, reading is hard} my children are adults now. One is a veterinarian and the other is a sports medicine physical therapist for a major league sports team. Both are happily married, living in their own homes, and yes, they have maids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your children need maids? You are unable to clean up after your own children? Or are they grown? If they are grown and need maids you apparently needed to teach them basic activities. Going to Sweden doesn't mean squat if you're incapable of what a four year old should be doing.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is because you are teaching your children by your own actions that they should strive to attain the position of dishwasher and laundress. My children need maids, so thank you.

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

fun for you, boring to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually exciting. I tested my work in sweden and got to brng my children. They talk about it now as adults. They hope they can do the same interesting activities with their children.

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

that sounds very boring.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm only saying a truly productive member of society can do both. By the time my children were teenagers I had taken them with me to haiti to help a small village build a well for fresh water, and I had architected the NBC recon vehicles for NATO.

I think you should expect more of yourself.

Quoting AMCMSM:

No, I work, volunteer, and have a happy child. I just think that raising a happy successful child contributes far more to society than any job I could work.

saying that you contribute nothing to society by being a SAHM is just as silly as saying you can not be good mother if you work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you incapable of having happy, well-adjusted children AND contribute to the betterment of society?

Quoting AMCMSM:

Happy well adjusted children does contribute to society. Do you believe that working outside the home is the only way to add anything to society? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

MrsMedina90
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM
8 moms liked this
Man I never knew I was so lazy! Thank you so much for opening my eyes to this false throne I've been but on, I feel terrible! I guess my worthless self should get a job but then wait? Who's going to care for my DS, oh yes strangers! Who's going to take care my mom (cancer patient) well I guess she can figure it out oh I know my five year old sister! I'm sure she can clean up my mom if she barfs or has an accident. She can check the temperature so my mom can have a bath and undress/redress her. She can change the bandages from her double mastectomy, help her with her physical therapy no problem. Cook, clean and make sure no doctor appointmests are missed all while doing her school work (home schooling) I guess I never truly understood what a burden I was until today *cries* I wish I could contribute as much as you, your my hero!

Sarcasm by the way, everyone's life is different and in mine your no better then me just like I'm no better than you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM

My boys love it. They love to go to Mexicans restaurants just for the queso. I sometimes make it at home but its just not the same. Oh and you have to factor in the calories in the chips as well. 

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

I eat a lot of queso, its my thing. I just wish it wasn't so fattening lol

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Ooooh we had queso tonight when we went out for dinner. It was yummy, a bit spicy but yummy!

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Mmm finally get my queso

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:09 AM
...and stay at home moms don't make their 'fair' share?
childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I am a sahm and in no way shape or form am I lazy! I rarely have time to just sit down and relax. I cook, clean, entertain and take my 7 month old on walks all while balancing schoolwork. I don't just sit down all day and relax.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:11 AM
All of you bitches need to STFU. The only ones here who have any room to talk are the true single moms with no support! Like my MIL, raised two kids alone after her DH died.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:14 AM
And all the salt lol One more reason to love my job, its a free daily workout

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

My boys love it. They love to go to Mexicans restaurants just for the queso. I sometimes make it at home but its just not the same. Oh and you have to factor in the calories in the chips as well. 

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

I eat a lot of queso, its my thing. I just wish it wasn't so fattening lol

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Ooooh we had queso tonight when we went out for dinner. It was yummy, a bit spicy but yummy!

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Mmm finally get my queso

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Wahm are more lazy than sahm lady...smdh
gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Of course there's a difference. But why do you equate being a SAHM to being lazy?
winkyloafer
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, you do stay at home so yes. You are a stay-at-home mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)