Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (241-250):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Bored huh.

Irishmommy860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
You may have a cash paying job and work in your home but it doesn't mean you actually do some parenting...Just saying...ever watch Supernanny? A lot of WAHM have a knack for still ignoring the kiddos while working in the home!!
singlemom1208
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:10 AM
So what do you do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheena696
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

SAHM does not equal lazy. You refuse to fall under the stereotype, but how about not helping perpetuate the stereotype that SAHMs are lazy? Some might call me a WAHM since I crochet and sell, but I am a SAHM. My crocheting is my hobby and stress relief, I sell simply so that I don't have stuff piling up everywhere. lol 

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM

scuse me.... I am a SAHM and I am no where near lazy. My WORK is my family and my home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM
This person is most definately a bitch. And her contribution to society is raising children to be a positive addition to society. That's a bigger contribution than working

Quoting yayasdaughter:

.wow.you're kind of a bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Oh, shut up. Sincerely, Not a SAHM
mary841108
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I am with you. I love being a SAHM. I do a lot even though I am not earning a pay check. I get to play with my toddler and soon my new baby too, while you are working. Call me lazy, but I think what I am doing is pretty awesome and important too. 

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Being a sahm rocks! I love it! I am moving all day long but w.e. call me lazy, I get to play with baby all day while you work. Hehe

ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured