Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (351-360):
momma_2b_2010
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Your a little ridiculous.

DebnDrew
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I am a work outside the home mom, however I DO NOT believe that SAHM's do not do their fair share. They have a different way of getting their living than I do. If they can afford for one spouse to bring in an income and they spend their days cleaning house and taking care of kids, who am I to say that isn't "a fair share"?  One is just as good as another.

SaGe_Ed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd love to reply to this post, but as a SAHM/full time student I'm too busy being lazy.

eye rolling

thecoffeefairy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I am a working mom. I do less now than I did as a SAHM. I do t like it because its a thankless job with zero down time. No thank you. I want recognition and appreciation. I also like being the boss. As a SAHM I got none of that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

mirrorMirror mirror on the wall....I'm going to announce to the world that I am better than you all...

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

EmmasMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I am a SAHM and I have my days. Some days I'm super productive and other days I'm not. I usually get up at 5:30am when FH goes to work up and 95% of the time both my girls get up too. I get both of them changed and fed and let them play. Then after he leaves I pick up, make beds, put toys away, clean kitchen and bathroom, then vaccuum. Then I eat and take care of the kids during the day, while working on my different sites to make cash for birthdays and Christmas. I also go to school online fulltime right now for my Associates in Science for Medical Assisting. I am sure you have days where you are feeling lazy and don't get anything done. So why don't you go back to work and let us get back to more important things! 

yankeefan828
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Yes I'm looking into online jobs but it's hard to find ones that are legit

Quoting kellysparkles:

What do you do?  My DD is 3 weeks old and I don't want to go back but I want to keep working..

TattooedMomto4
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM
You are a mom with a paying job who with at home. Okay. Good for you.
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Here is what I hate ---- when someone decides to post a "I'm better than...." and the people who feel offended respond by saying "No, I'm better than...."

So, here you have people defending the choice to stay home by saying "At least I am the one raising my kids!" -- essentially putting down EVERY mother who works outside the home.  

Way to go -- get pissed off because ONE person criticized you, so defend yourself by putting down EVERYONE who has chosen differently than you.  

What a joke.  

How about being confident in your choices.....not giving a fuck what anyONE may think of your choices.....and respecting those who make choices different than your own?!?  Crazy concept, I know....but some people should really stop being so damned sensitive and stop taking some stranger's comments personally.

It is possible to express your confidence and pride in your choice WITHOUT putting others down. 

lilmami316
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM
This

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

I'd love to reply to this post, but as a SAHM/full time student I'm too busy being lazy.

eye rolling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)