Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (591-600):
amazzonia
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Ashie finally someone that thinks like me, as I said in an earlier post, sometimes I wold love to go to work just to have some time off, and before having kids I worked, is not that I never worked, and there is no work hard like being a full time mom...

Raegansmom, you might still be a mom when you are working, but you don't get to do a mothers job, and you can't deny that, you can go to the bathroom without someone walking in, you can eat your lunch without someone spilling all their juice on you, if you want to take a 10 min break you just get and go....I wish I could do all of those things! And considering that you work probably you have either a nanny or you have your kids in daycare or something, anyways that means you can even go to the grocery store ALL BY YOUR SELF!!!!! Honestly some time I think of hiring a sitter just to be able to do the shopping by my self.

Being a mom is much much harder than any job on this world (I used to unload containers full of food goods, so I worked hard) I tried it all, that's why I talk, but I won't change it for anything I this world, my kids are more than something to talk about with friends, they are my life and I won't loose a second of it, soon enough they will be independent young adults and I don't want to regret the time I didn't spend with them just to make more money or persuade a carrear they are much more important than any of that 

Quoting raegansmom:

I'm still a mom ( and a damn good one) no matter if my dd is next to me or not. I'm still her mother when I'm working. I don't check out of parenthood. I work full time, and still stay very involved with her life & school. Call me crazy, but to me being a parent isn't a job and so far, it's not hard. It's fun!  Granted she's only 5, but I truly enjoy being her mother. To me, a job is something I'm paid to do because I wouldn't do it for free. Parenting does not fit that description for me. 

Quoting AshieBeth_Xo:

Im saying there is no job as hard as being a mother. Period. There are no breaks, no sick days, no holidays, and like I said, I bartend some times in the busiest bar probobly in the US for FUN, because its still easier than being a mom so its a nice break for me. If your a mom, wouldnt you agree? You think your job is harder than being a good parent?

Quoting raegansmom:

So, you're saying work is not work? Have you ever had a job?  If people just went there because it was a cool place to hang out, they wouldn't have to pay us to go. 

Quoting AshieBeth_Xo:

Quoting raegansmom:

Nope! SAHMs do not ever get a day off but working moms do! As soon as they leave and go to work, they are off! They get to eat by them selves with out anyone sitting on their lap/crying/screaming/needing their but whipped. So sorry hun but your wrong. I'm a SAHM/full time student/ on the PTA board/ work sometimes on the weekends bartending in New Orleans just to get a break. So give me a break..

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Lol I feel your pain.  We're relatively new to the area and our DD is only 3 weeks old, so it's not like I know anybody to market to lol.  Good luck :)

Quoting yankeefan828:

Yea I kee typing in sahm jobs they keep telling me to sell Avon lol

Quoting kellysparkles:

Exactly!  I really don't want to sell Mary Kay or Scentsy because I want something with a consistent paycheck.

Quoting yankeefan828:

Yes I'm looking into online jobs but it's hard to find ones that are legit

Quoting kellysparkles:

What do you do?  My DD is 3 weeks old and I don't want to go back but I want to keep working..

daisymae33
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Who really cares if you work outside of home or sahm. I have not had the opportunity to be a stay home mom but don't think I could do it. I could not stay at home all day. I work four 10 hour days, have been a single mom for 12 years and think my child is just as cared for and loved as a SAHM's child. My house is clean, dinner cooked, homework done, errands run, doctors appts. taken care of, dog walked daily. Sahm that's feel like working moms don't care about their child are idiots.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ecobabyz
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I wrote something on this very subject: "Every mom is a WAHM"

phoenixrm1
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I don't think you do any more then us sahm's do. You think you do but we don't stop working. Your certainly not lazy but neither are we. But nice job trying to start a fight lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Sooo...your calling SAHM lazy?  If thats the stereotype your believe then that is how you see yourself.  But I guess if you feel the need to tell us then whatever floats your boat, on a personal note, I don't really care.  I feel tired at the end of a BUSY day like everyone else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 108 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I farted today
Anonymous
by Anonymous 109 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I think women who have the opportunity and the courage to be sahm are to be commended b there is no way i could ever just be a sahm i work and take care of my child but i also know that women and sometimes even men who stay at home with their children have better adjusted children sometimes but I also think whatever works for your family is what you should do and not worry about what anyone else tells you bc believe i somewhat enjoyed the last 3 years i was able to spend with my daughter bu now that she goes to school i work so whether ur a sahm or a wahm Kudos to you and enjoy ur life with ur children
mary841108
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM

wow you changed the post to make yourself look even more dick face-ish. good job anon.

angiesjonesin
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Seems rather haughty to feel the need to distinguish yourself in a manner that puts down someone else. Maybe you know a lazy mom who happens to stay home, it doesn't take a lot to distinguish that this is a personal trait and not one subject to the job title. I too work at home and feeled drained at the end of the day when there is still yet more to do in the home, but I would never resort to calling a SAHM lazy. Not only have I known those that had the opportunity to be able to play that intricate part in their child's growth and learning with the freedom of not having to work themselves but was raised by one myself. My mother still cannot sit still when she visits. Running after my toddler and trying to balance the demands of a full time job in the home presents its own kind of stress as does every other job on the planet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)