Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (121-130):
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
We all work hard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:28 AM
3 moms liked this

WOW, So you are one of those! Just to be clear WORKING is what a SAHM does all day everyday. You sound like you just want to fee like you are better than you are. You are a SAHM, get over it. WE ALL WORK!

thatonemomof2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I missed being a stay at home mom. I was hanging out with my kids and i loved it. Never thought of it as a job. Now I'm a single mom who works full time in a hospital and goes to school full time..then comes home to clean cook and help kids with homework....and all the responsibilities of being a parent...not a job...then do homework of my own. I much rather go back to going my responsibilities of being a parent then be at my job.
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this

It's sad that so many don't see the value in having a parent stay home with the kids. I was a SAHM for 10 years (and I still am sometimes). I did/do my fair share.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM
What do you do for a living?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:32 AM
4 moms liked this

I love how WAHMs always make statements about us SAHMs not contributing or earning our fair share to the household income. I think really they have issue with the fact they do not have men who can take care of them/ want to take care of them.

They miss that most of us SAHMs take care of most everything that our DH would need ( housework, kids, cleaning, food, shopping, etc..) We just had a meeting with our Ins guy to look at our Life coverage and when he was looking at how much I should be insured for the figure was just as much as my husbands because of how much it would cost him to bring someone in to do what I do. So go ahead and tell me I do not contribute...

Childofares
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I work and go to school because I have no choice since I'm a single Mom but I don't spit on SAHM's. I wouldn't want to ever do it but some of them work damn hard. It also means they have the time to work on the projects that I do not. Their time management may be different than mine, but as long as kids are healthy and happy..who cares! I sometimes wonder what would happen if my son and I didn't have to live by such rigid routines in order to get everything accomplished. Then my head explodes as I can't imagine it

GigantaursMommy
by MrsAwesomePants on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Cool story bro.

AdellesMom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a SAHM...I also got a job working second shift. I have the best of both worlds!! :-)
AdellesMom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:34 AM
5 moms liked this
Why is this a featured post?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)