Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (201-210):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

So while you werre in Haiti helping  in that small village, did you take the time to tell the mothers there who were desperately trying to care for the needs of their children that they were lazy and useless?? Did you brag to them about your maids and tell them that their cildren will never be as happy as your because they don't have them?  I certainly hope so, because i would hate to think that those Haitian mothers were just sitting on their lazy duffs doing nothing but care for their children and feeding their families while saints like you did all the real work. Oh, and while you were at it, I certainly hope you berated them for their lack of education and reading skills, because people just can't get enough of that.

jhslove
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, you know, I for one am glad you made the distinction. I mean, these things are important! I get up every day and go to work in an office, not like those lazy moms who "work from home" and actually presume to put their "work" on the same level as my serious, actual work. News flash: if you can do it from home, it's not actual work! I'm so tired of being lumped in the same category as those moms who claim to "work from home" when everyone knows they're really just as lazy as SAHMs.

By the way, I don't actually believe this. I do work outside the home, but I don't make any value judgments on WAHMs or SAHMs. It's all what you make of it and depends on a lot of variables. But doesn't it suck when someone makes a sweeping generalization about your choices without actually having any clue what they're talking about or what your situation might be? And if you were really so confident and secure in your choices, would you feel the need to tear down total strangers, whose lives you know nothing about, to make yourself feel better?

godsgirl26
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Quoting Queen_Bee01:

Oh gosh...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

Sound bitter much?

My mom worked 70-80 hours a week. My dad worked about the same. My brothers and I were stuck in a very nice daycare from 7am-6:30 pm. We had dinner, bath and bed. I do have some fond memories of my daycare and especially my kindergarten teacher. We were not abused or neglected. Now ask me what would I rather have had?

I'll answer, my parents attention and love. I did not feel loved by the mountain presents under the Christmas tree. I just became materialistic and greedy for more. I did not feel loved by having name brand clothes, just prideful and above others.I felt abandoned and unwanted because they were always too tired to deal with us.

I will not do that to my kids. I sacrifice being able to buy nicer things, and a bigger TV, so that I am here when they need me. So that I am not too tired to "deal" with them. That I can have the energy and patience to be able to answer there 100 questions without annoyance.

There is too much of my mothers influence in me to successfully be able to do both. I choose to do what is best for my kids. And that's being there for them whenever they need me.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

Nah, it means you're too lazy to work and contribute to the financial well being of the family. One day you might find yourself on your own with a DH who's flown the coop and left you with nothing in the form of financial support. What will you do then since you've not worked and saved any money?

Nobody bitter here, but you sure the heck are. My parents worked full time, yet we still had a very close knit family. There was no problem with my parents, my mother in particular, having to "deal" with us, or ignoring us.  I have a lot of great memories of my childhood & teen years. You on the other hand choose to ignore any good your parents put toward your upbringing, & instead choose be bitter about your parents working full time to support YOU and your siblings so you'd not be living in poverty. How very kind of you to think of them that way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Lol. You is funny

TigressLily
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I'm a SAHM and I'm not lazy...... there's loads of work to be done. If both parents are out working, who's going to clean the house and take care of the kid? Daycare, maid, nanny? Too many people can't afford those, so forget about that stuff for the majority.

MomTiara19
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:38 AM
3 moms liked this

Wahm,Working Mom,SAHM....we all are moms and have a job to do.This is not a whose the most lazy or better mom contest.

Also just because a woman is a sahm doesnt mean she is lazy.It means her and her man have decided that being at home and total focus on family works best for their personal circumstance.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My mother graduated from Penn State in the 70s with a degree in Aerospace Engineering, the only woman in her class. She was still a SAHM until I was 15. Why? Because she CHOSE to. Because she felt that the greatest contribution she could make to society was preparing her 4 children to live in society.

Stop assuming that all SAHMs are uneducated little dinks trying to achieve nothing in life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you teach your children only about your miniscule microcosm too?

I assume all women are capable of having an advanced education and contributing more than McDonalds....some don't try though. They settle for being June Cleaver. How endearing.

Quoting Anonymous:

So basically you think that a mom having any job at all is better than what I do?  That some mom that works at Mcdonalds is contributing more to society than I am just because she has a job and I don't? And no I am not saying that is what I am qualified to do so don't go jumping to any conclusions.  I don't have to fill my life full of a bunch of extra curricular activities so that I feel like I am making a difference in the world.  I make a difference every day to the only world that matters to me: My Family.  They are my world and I contribute to their betterment every single day.  If you want to work or need to work, or whatever your personal situation is thats fine with me.  I don't think I am better than you are.  I don't see why you have to feel like you are better than anyone else.  I know that at the end of each day my family and I are happy and that's what counts in my book. As long as you can say the same(however you achieve that happiness) then you are obviously doing something right.  I see no reason to be so condescending about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:46 AM
2 moms liked this
God these posts are stupid it doesn't matter if you work outside the home in the home or sah all that matters is that you are a good mom and are raising good kids. Maybe if moms weren't so busy judging one another there would be more time to help raise good kids which we need more of. Instead of spoiled entitled brats that think they are better than everyone else nd the rules don't apply to them. After reading so many posts on here like this one I am not surprised kids act like that.
prettymama72106
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Well said!!

Quoting MomTiara19:

Wahm,Working Mom,SAHM....we all are moms and have a job to do.This is not a whose the most lazy or better mom contest.

Also just because a woman is a sahm doesnt mean she is lazy.It means her and her man have decided that being at home and total focus on family works best for their personal circumstance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured