Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (211-220):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this
How about this, you go back to work so you and the husband can split the responsibilties and you won't feel so bad to the point you need to post something like this. And don't dare say well who's going to be home with the children??" Remeber when both of y'all work, you can split the bills.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:01 AM
With the divorce rate at 50% I fear a large number who stay at home will not be adequately prepared for retirement. This is my only concern for women who choose to stay at home in this day and age. Being financially dependent on someone else is never really a good thing.
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I am far from being lazy OP. 

I am calling TROLL on this one.

mommytotwo4
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:08 AM
I'm a SAHM and I am no where near lazy...I prob do more before 7am then most people do all day. Sure I could go out and get a job like before my newest was born so I have played bothe sides. The only thing my "fair share" would contribute to is daycare and paying someone to get my oldest on and off the bus. So I am content being to have the privilege to stay at home and be the main care giver for my children. And just like his older brother he will go to daycare when he is 18 months and I will be a WAHM will be sure not to through judgement around. Have an awesome day everyone :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
icn_mom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:10 AM

In the way you worded this post, you called SAHM's lazy... It's funny you needed to point out to as well that you dont want to be "stereotyped as a SAHM", like thats a bad thing HAHA... Im a WAHM mom too, im a chef, a nurse, an accountant, a taxi, a therapist, a house keeper... :) so Kudos to you!

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I've had many jobs and I've gone to school.  Being a SAHM is far more exhausting than anything I've ever done.  But wayyyyy better b/c my kids are being raised by me and I love them.  And my dh loves having me at home taking care of the children WE made...not to mention his laundry is done & he gets a nice dinner every night. 

britishmummy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:14 AM

'I'm not lazy as I do than a SAHM!!'

And the award for an ignorant bitch goes toooooooo ... OP! Jeesh shut up. Stay at home mothers will all find this offensive. We are not lazy. I spend my day changing poopy diapers, making gluten free meals for my husband for when he isn;t working, cleaning, making snacks for a toddler who never stops eating and anything else that has to be done, as well as taking care of a 21 month old bulldog. I am also 5 months pregnant... Am I lazy?

Once I have my next child, I'll be hopefully studying online ready for our next duty station to get a job. Some families can afford to have a SAHM and the husbands enjoy it, so go away with your stick to stir the shit.

ProudMommy51006
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's funny when working moms say they take care of their children. HA! The daycare does, you just get them up in the morning and put them to bed at night. Spending a total of 3 hours a day with your kids is NOT taking care of them... but nice try.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

kirstina
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM
I am SAHM, I am not lazy. I work to care for my family.
britishmummy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Haha I was going to ask how you were a stay at home mum when you are a chef, and a nurse, than I was like...'she has a lot of jobs...wait a minute!'

Quoting icn_mom:

In the way you worded this post, you called SAHM's lazy... It's funny you needed to point out to as well that you dont want to be "stereotyped as a SAHM", like thats a bad thing HAHA... Im a WAHM mom too, im a chef, a nurse, an accountant, a taxi, a therapist, a house keeper... :) so Kudos to you!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN