Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (251-260):
mary841108
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

oh and i wanted to add that my husband doesnt believe in the woman working. he makes the money, i do everything around the house, and he still spoils the shit out of me with the money he makes.

lesliemck86
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM

For every occupation you could possibly imagine, there is a lazy person in each one. I admit when I come home at the end of the day from work, I am embarrassingly lazy. We're just humans, afterall. And all of us here are mothers. 

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Well played, troll. 

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I'm a SAHM and I'm not lazy.

That being said, I have a friend that has two kids the same ages as two of my kids and she works from home. she also home schools her 5 year old. I have no clue how she does it. My kids are up my butt 24/7 I would never be able to sit down at a desk and work for 8 hours a day while they are home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM

la di freaking da

yayababa12
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Well even though I may not work I do go to school and take care Of my son it's hard work sometimes and I feel that it may be offensive to some people cuz taking care of kids is a full time job to us... Well at least me I'm always on my feet...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Feel justified?

Kay.

Here's some cookies. baking

dommad2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Wow. how does it feel to have unintentionally opened a HUGE can of worms? A REAL SAHM isnt lazy either. I'm sure you've heard that plenty in this post though.

Check out the updates from The Asylum!!

http://asylumpeacekeeper.blogspot.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Am I going to seem really stupid even though I used to be a computer programmer if I say I don't know what the abbreviation SAHM and WAHM mean???

cherylw993
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Can you imagine what the unemployment rate would be if all SAHM entered the workforce? Would that really contribute to society?

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)