Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (261-270):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I also do repairs. We own rental properties as well which I have to go clean or go fix things. It's hard work. We have actually been at one of them last three days cleaning, fixing and painting. For the OP to assume SAHM's are lazy is just the most ridiculous thing. As if we do nothing else other than sit and play games all day. Ridiculous.

Quoting MicheleJM:

Some of us don't have husbands so we are not only working but doing repairs and other things that a man would do.  I agree though I found staying home mentally exhausting. Therefore I went back to work and no my husband then couldn't support us by himself. I assume not all mothers feel the same way though and again who cares?  It's CM...here for the sole purpose so that we can come and whine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have worked. Staying home with three young kids is mentally exhausting. Working was MUCH easier. I got a break from my kids. I came home to a CLEAN house and made ONE meal a day. Then it was bed-time. You working moms need to quit your damn whining. Sucks that your husband can't support his family but quit bitching.

katzmeow726
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM

ROFL...if you're gonna troll, at least make it unique.

Jeez, you ladies aren't even trying anymore.  Lazy?  This post is lazy. NO creativity what so ever. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Are you saying that one cannot be a productive member of society and also occassionally read CM?   o.O

Quoting mamabear55:

I think if you are really the most awesome and busy person in the world, you wouldn't have a cm account

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm only saying a truly productive member of society can do both. By the time my children were teenagers I had taken them with me to haiti to help a small village build a well for fresh water, and I had architected the NBC recon vehicles for NATO.

I think you should expect more of yourself.

Quoting AMCMSM:

No, I work, volunteer, and have a happy child. I just think that raising a happy successful child contributes far more to society than any job I could work.

saying that you contribute nothing to society by being a SAHM is just as silly as saying you can not be good mother if you work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you incapable of having happy, well-adjusted children AND contribute to the betterment of society?

Quoting AMCMSM:

Happy well adjusted children does contribute to society. Do you believe that working outside the home is the only way to add anything to society? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:53 AM

So mommy taught you that you can't have it all.   She taught you that you have to give up your dream if you want children.  How sad.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

My mother graduated from Penn State in the 70s with a degree in Aerospace Engineering, the only woman in her class. She was still a SAHM until I was 15. Why? Because she CHOSE to. Because she felt that the greatest contribution she could make to society was preparing her 4 children to live in society.

Stop assuming that all SAHMs are uneducated little dinks trying to achieve nothing in life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you teach your children only about your miniscule microcosm too?

I assume all women are capable of having an advanced education and contributing more than McDonalds....some don't try though. They settle for being June Cleaver. How endearing.

Quoting Anonymous:

So basically you think that a mom having any job at all is better than what I do?  That some mom that works at Mcdonalds is contributing more to society than I am just because she has a job and I don't? And no I am not saying that is what I am qualified to do so don't go jumping to any conclusions.  I don't have to fill my life full of a bunch of extra curricular activities so that I feel like I am making a difference in the world.  I make a difference every day to the only world that matters to me: My Family.  They are my world and I contribute to their betterment every single day.  If you want to work or need to work, or whatever your personal situation is thats fine with me.  I don't think I am better than you are.  I don't see why you have to feel like you are better than anyone else.  I know that at the end of each day my family and I are happy and that's what counts in my book. As long as you can say the same(however you achieve that happiness) then you are obviously doing something right.  I see no reason to be so condescending about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

Anonymous

Honey, I'm a nurse... I've worked out of the home as a nurse, and I've been a stay at home mom. There is no harder, yet more rewarding job than being a full time SAHM!

Zacksmama82411
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Everybody has different amounts of things they do, my .mom was a SAHM and had 3 dds plus when my sister had her baby at 17, my mom took care of her, so she had 4 children to take care of, and all our friends.. I used to think the same way you do, but then I realized, hey everyone has it tough, why shove it in other peoples faces? I'm a working mom, outside of the house, so in your theory, I must be better thanyou, because I do more.. I care for my family, tend to the house, bake all of our food from scratch (including the bread for our sandwiches, the broth for our chicken pot pie is from scratch, our pizza is 100% from scratch, except the cheese) and I work 40 hours a week and commute 10 hours a week, so your lazy.

(This is not my true opinion, that would be it if I were tothink the way Op does)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous

Look at you on your soapbox way to go

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

How many years do your children need daycare?  Do you send them to daycare when they are in middle school?  High school?  College?   Are you assuming all mothers on CM have children that are not school age?

Or do you assume it's ok to use this as an excuse for laziness no matter how old your children are?

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

I think it's funny when working moms say they take care of their children. HA! The daycare does, you just get them up in the morning and put them to bed at night. Spending a total of 3 hours a day with your kids is NOT taking care of them... but nice try.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

MamaRae85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Mmmm... I'll join you. Got any roasted red pepper? This is gonna be entertaining. lol

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

I think I need to get my hummus and chips.

cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM

im a sahm but i baby sit 5 other kids. i refuse to be JUST a sahm. not only do we need the money i make, but i have worked ever since i was old enough to stay home alone(i started baby sitting at like 12) and i cant just sit at home and do "nothing"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured