Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (51-60):
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM
22 moms liked this

Happy well adjusted children does contribute to society. Do you believe that working outside the home is the only way to add anything to society? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Are you incapable of having happy, well-adjusted children AND contribute to the betterment of society?

Quoting AMCMSM:

Happy well adjusted children does contribute to society. Do you believe that working outside the home is the only way to add anything to society? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM
14 moms liked this

No, I work, volunteer, and have a happy child. I just think that raising a happy successful child contributes far more to society than any job I could work.

saying that you contribute nothing to society by being a SAHM is just as silly as saying you can not be good mother if you work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you incapable of having happy, well-adjusted children AND contribute to the betterment of society?

Quoting AMCMSM:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM
WAHM implies that you work at home for an income.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I'm only saying a truly productive member of society can do both. By the time my children were teenagers I had taken them with me to haiti to help a small village build a well for fresh water, and I had architected the NBC recon vehicles for NATO.

I think you should expect more of yourself.

Quoting AMCMSM:

No, I work, volunteer, and have a happy child. I just think that raising a happy successful child contributes far more to society than any job I could work.

saying that you contribute nothing to society by being a SAHM is just as silly as saying you can not be good mother if you work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AMCMSM:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I work outside the home but take my kid every day.

I'm totally more awesome than all ya'll.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I was literally just thinking about making some spinach garlic hummus for a little snack. Mmmmmmmm so yummy.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

I think I need to get my hummus and chips.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this

So...you have nothing against SAHM's, you just think you're better than they are. Got it. 

2timezthefun
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Im a sahm and Im far from lazy. I have four kids in my househould 2 and under. The few moments I do have to rest is when my children are sleeping . Even then im not resting because im doing thing. I also do not stay in the house all day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:38 PM
20 moms liked this

You are a uptight b

thank you and good night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)