Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (771-780):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:52 AM
2 moms liked this
The person who posted this asinine statement is pissed that she is forced to work. Why are you working from home? No office will hire you? Are you really getting much work done if you're home and have children to tend to? Spare me the bs cuz most moms I know that work from home end up stressed because they can't finish their work with their kids being around them all day. Is that why you're so frustrated? Not everyone wants to stay home with their kids. For some ppl work is an escape. My working friends tell me that by Sunday night they are ready for Monday to come so they can go to work and have some time to themselves. Staying home is not for everyone just like going to work doesn't suit everyone's lifestyle.
LotusBlossom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Sureeeee you like to do your fair share. It appears to me that you're a little slighted because you have no choice in the matter. Jealous much?
LotusBlossom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:35 AM
The fact that she is anonymous speaks volumes. It only adds credence to my philosphy: The Internet is a breeding ground for cowards and loons.
Ihold8Stars
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Why is it always some brave Anoyo stirring the pot???

Just cuz u work doesn't mean your not lazy. I've seen many women with a 9 to 5 that think that excludes them from mommy duties.

Moms come in all shapes and sizes, there is no one right way. Grow up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mistygirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Being a sham does not make a woman lazy,  what the hell difference does it make we are are all mothers, that is a friggi hard job. I guess there has to be one shit starter on this topic every once in a while. 

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I'm a full time student but I don't have classes online, I take them all at a university. DF's family are all talking about how lazy I am for a SAHM because I don't have dinner done when DF gets home. Of course not, I've been at school all day, then drove to 3 schools to pick up the kids, then helped out my older 2 with homework. Some nights DF makes dinner... 

When I was a SAHM meaning not at school all day- dinner, laundry, and everything else was done. That act like 13 credits is nothing and I should have all that time... 

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Hmm.  There's that term again:  work at home mom.  You could save yourself some typing and just say "mom."  I've yet to meet a mother who didn't have work to do at home. 

Oh you mean you happen to earn some money and it's possible to do your job at home.  If you're doing all of that, why do you need so much validation?  I'd think you'd be too busy for that.

julesbouge
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Wow.  That is highly offensive!!!  As a SAHM, I don't see myself as lazy and neither do my husband or kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I have seen many times that the absolute worst kids are from situations where the mother is a WAHM -- that is, she is staying home in order to not put the kids in daycare, but is trying to do some sort of outside work, so the kids don't really get much of the attention of the SAHM, because instead of dealing with the kids, she's doing this other work.  Being a SAHM mom is a huge amount of work, and personally, I don't like it.  So if you don't want to be a SAHM, admit it, and put your kids into childcare.  That way, at least they get what they need.

Mommy3beauties
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I am a proud stay at home Mom!! I am proud to say that even though I Don't have a pay check to contribute, I most certainly contribute to our house hold. I run our home. My days begin at 5. I shower and make myself presentable, make breakfast for my husband and 3 children. He leaves to work and I get our kids ready, run them to school, volunteer all morning, come home and clean and make dinner before I get them at 3. I never stop. I don't believe a daycare should raise our kids. I would have never had them, had I known They would be in daycare. Being home does not mean You are lazy or ignorant. It means You sacrifice a paycheck to raise your blessings and you save money on a housekeeper and daycare. You go make Your money and see how Your kid turns out!!! They will know one day They couldn't compete with Your corporate life style! You enjoy Your Lexus and I will keep loving my mama van!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)