Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (781-790):
xolilmamato3
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you out of your mind? What exactly more do you do than me being a sahm? I sleep maybe 6 hours during the day, because that is my sleep time. I still do all my household chores, everything with my kids being that I'm sleeping when two are in school. So does that mean in 3 years when all 3 are in school I'll be a sahm? I won't refrain from anything, because I do everything you do and support my family financially. I have a very different circumstance, because I work overnights. I still do every school event and hw and baths and doctors appointments and dance and girl scouts and cleaning and cooking and anything else a mother does! Oh and 2-3 of those 6 hours my baby is napping. I literally am with them all the time and at work while they are sleeping. Not to mention I work 3 nights a week, since I work 12 hour shifts, so the other 4 days I'm there 24/7. You really have a set of balls thinking I don't do what you do and more! Essentially I am a full time working and sahm, because of my hours. Actually now that I'm typing this I prob have it harder than most moms. And if you don't quote me I won't be responding to any replys, because I don't have time to search through all these posts.

Quoting squocket:

You sound extremely busy and I am not here to tell you that your job isn't hard or that you get a break while at work, but I would like to ask you to refrain from saying that you do everything a SAHM does because you don't. You are at work part of the day. A sitter takes care of your youngest so that you can sleep. Your life is completely different from that of a SAHM.

Quoting xolilmamato3:

The people that are saying that being a sahm is the hardest job in the world make me laugh! I'm guessing you are not a nurse that works overnights?! My day/night goes something like this...leave for work 7pm, work until 7am, come home and get 2 of my 3 kids ready for school, sleep around 9am while the sitter hangs out with my lil one, get back up 3pm and get the kids off the bus, do hw, cook dinner, give baths, get back to work. Not to mention when there are trips or a special events my nap is interrupted by attending these events. Went to their thanksgiving party and christmas party at 2 different schools and have a field trip next month. Got one in dance and girl scouts too. So where exactly is my so called break? You mean at work when I'm taking care of other people's babies? Half the time too busy to even talk to people around me! I would do anything to stay home with my kids, but that would mean I'd have to move to another state away from family since Long island is super expensive! I'm not calling anyone lazy or lucky. But don't tell me I get a break, since I work. I bust my damn butt and do everything a sahm does. I don't have a maid or chef. I clean, cook, care for my kids and work full time.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyvalarie
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow, really?  I'm a SAHM of homeschoolers.  I let them do their work while I play Words with Friends and eat bon-bons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 145 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 146 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM

If I was being ignorant, I would do it anonymously, too!

waydaylily
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I am a SAHM ... If I am lazy then I want to see how hard someone who isnt works!!! I work 24/7 taking care of my baby and my husband and our home and our pets ... is that enough ANDS or should I keep going? Instead of bragging why dont you just put on here what it is you do to beable to work at home so that others might beable to do the same if they wish or have time! Dont be all high and mighty about it!

lvmy2sweetgirls
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Congrats, you one-upped us stay-at-home moms.
xolilmamato3
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM
My last reply on here: the op was obviously just trying to stir the sh*t pot. Everyone's life is different and having kids changes everything. The hardest working mothers are the ones doing everything they can to support and provide for their children. Some are able to stay home and some have to work. Nobody is better or worse. I would never call any mother lazy unless of course they aren't doing their job. My argument was only that work is not a break for many of us. I was a sahm at one point and now I work full time, because I have to. Been on both sides. If I could be home with my kids I would choose that. Cafemom likes to pick the controversial posts to feature lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 147 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Obviously you know nothing about SAHM, the "stereotype" is made up and believed by people who are ignorant and lazy to admit they are. SAHM vs WAHM IS THE SAME THING! and for someone to have to make such an effort to come to this wonderful website and have to prove they aren't lazy says alot about a person. Who are you trying to prove yourself for??? We are all moms trying to provide and raise families to the best of our abilities who gives a shit what TITLE your give yourself.
MissT1029
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow was your aim to piss as many women off as possible if so job well done! If not shut the fuck up and be proud of yourself without blasting other ppl bc the high school games are over! I don't know what woman in your life you got into an argument with over your petty I do more shit is but take it up with her and leave the rest if us out of it!! Because I'm sure there are a lot of sahm out there that do a lot more then you could even imagine or try to do!!! Anyways that's how I feel and also your post makes you look uneducated ignorant and umm lets say maybe that you feel lazy bc work or not your not doing enough for your house hold!! You know what they say misery lives company, find some else where!
maha06
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I should introduce you to my husband...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)