Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (801-810):
NewMomma.S
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I just believe you're short sighted and full of your self. I have a few other choice phrases for you I'll keep to myself, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 149 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM
So one poster comes on and slams SAHMs by calling them lazy, then dozens come on slamming WOHMs by saying they don't raise their own children, shouldn't have had children if they were not going to stay home with them, and even insulted the children of WOHMs by saying they do not turn out as well.

Yet I bet all those women who just slammed WOHMs still consider themselves superior to the OP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 150 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Not lazy, just bitchy.

chrislife
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Ever notice how many of the featured posts are trolls?

Juliasmommy1975
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I am new to the group and joined to find support from other moms.  Wow, had I know that other mothers were on here posting this kind of garbage I would have stayed away.  Each individual situation is different and to post comments that target a whole group is pretty ignorant. Some SAHM don't do it because they want to. Some do it because they have to. Besides that,who really cares what you do?? I noticed you posted anon too. Why don't you try and support other moms rather than spouting off about things that nobody cares about!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 151 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Let me ask, do you have a nanny or sitter come and help out? Because children demand a lot of time, energy and FOCUS on them. If you're idea of working from home means vaguely acknowledging your kids are there and not engaging with them... Or involves movies and tv schedules...Then you're NOT doing what (in my opinion) a successful stay at home mom does. Sometimes success is knowing your limitations and rather then hiding them you find a way to work with them. If you think a SAHM isn't bringing an equal amount to the table as a working mom then I think you aren't putting enough value on quality time spent your kids. There's more to equality then money and income. And why you would come on a forum and say what you just did.... Is beyond me.
Turtle207
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Wow. Do you feel better now? Does trying to bully and belittle someone else make you feel better about yourself?

Is that all YOU have to add to society? And is that what you teach your kids to add to society? What a joke. God help us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Icpjuggalette
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:24 PM
That's nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DetcityMom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree! I too have earned my way into being a SAHM. Taking care of my house and family is more challengin thn my old 9-5 but way more rewarding so its worth it, I enjoy it!

Quoting lucsch:

Ok...I am proud of being a SAHM, where I set my own schedule, determine what needs done, and take care of my family. I homeschool, and I have a small online business; but I wear the SAHM badge with pride. I had a career outside the home for 17 years, and  I feel I earned my way to being a SAHM. I guess others don't see it like I do.

SNA
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Shut up please
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)