Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (811-820):
Basherte
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I'm sure we will. :)

Especially on home baked fresh from the oven bread. :)

Quoting little_buggie:

YOU'RE WELCOME!!! ENJOY!

Quoting Basherte:

Thank you. 

I will be trying out the jelly this summer. The sauces, I will be trying out as soon as possible. 

I appreciate that.

Quoting little_buggie:

I will be happy to share the pizza sauce and the jelly and the basics of the pasta sause but not the whole thing as that is a family recipe :)

I will have to get back to you on the pizza sauce, but here is the jelly and the basics for the pasta sauce.

3 c. strawberries or peaches, mashed
6 c. sugar
1 box sure jell
3/4 c. water

Mix fruit with sugar. Set aside. Combine water and sure jell in a pot. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir sure jell mix into fruit, stirring 3 minutes. Do not cool. Pour into jars with lids, cover and let set for 24 hours. Store in freezer.

pasta sauce

2 cans of WHOLE tomatoes (the hunts or contadina)
4 small cans of tomato paste
^4 cans of water
onion
garlic
italian seasoning
salt
pepper

start with sauteing your onion and garlic in olive iol add your paste and water and seasonings (FYI if you use oregano save that for the last 30 min of cooking) and water and let it cook for about 10 min, use a butter knife and cut up the tomatoes while still in the can (cut them up pretty good) pour into pot and bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer on low for 2.5-3hrs. 

Come to think of it the pizza sauce is pretty much the same but I use the "pizza seasoning" and ad 1 extra paste but not another can of water.

Quoting Basherte:

I'm slightly embarrased and very jealous of this post. 

I want your recipe for the pasta sauce, the pizza sauce, and the jelly. If you are willing to share. I really would love to make that stuff from scratch for my family as well.

Quoting little_buggie:

Oh and incidentally what do you have to do tomorrow? Here is my list (to take care of a fam of 5 FYI) Take LO to school (she has to be there @ 8:30 so we get up @ 7:30) Make breakfast Clean up from breakfast and tonight's dinner since we had company and it got too late to bother with it tonight Return some jars of pasta sauce to the store because I decided to make my own sauce and freeze it raather than buying jarred sauce(oh yeah I make my own pizza and sketti sauce and jam and jelly and EVERYTHING I cook is homemade FROM SCRATCH) Wash 6 loads of laundry Clean the bathroom Mop(oh but we don't have a mop so that means I will b eon my hands and knees for about 2 hours "mopping" the kitchen, laundry room, entry way, and bathroom) Vacuum pick LO up from school Go to an appointment Help LO with her homework Make Dinner Clean up from dinner Read to LO before bed ...on top of all that I am SURE there will be some surprises in my day. So, tell me the lazy SAHM, how busy are YOU tomorrow? OH and what time do you get up and go to bed?

AshCH
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Good for you!! I don't think SAHM is a bad title to have I'm proud to tell people that! My husband and I both have our own businesses and I get to be home with my little love all day, everyday and I never miss a single thing he does!

Quoting lucsch:

Ok...I am proud of being a SAHM, where I set my own schedule, determine what needs done, and take care of my family. I homeschool, and I have a small online business; but I wear the SAHM badge with pride. I had a career outside the home for 17 years, and  I feel I earned my way to being a SAHM. I guess others don't see it like I do.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AshCH
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
She's adding well educated and respectful people to soceity, something your parents obviously never did..

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

mamaderf
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not a SAHM, not a WAHM, or nothing else.

I am a MOTHER, who is raising her own children and teaching her own children without the help of others while caring for our home and husband and making a little money when I can.

It's that simple, I don't let letters to label me.
New2011Mom1991
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

What do you do? I've been trying for 2 years now to find a job that I can do at home!

Kerrigan357
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM

LOL, ok, thanks for sharing.  

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.

J54life
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM

So?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 152 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Stay-at-home moms are doing a very important job of taking care of the home & family. That is a SUPER strenuous & full time job that never ends-- even when everyone else is asleep. Lazy SAHM's are women who purposely don't run a successful household, so please understand that your words hurt the hardworking SAHM's who don't deserve such a connotation.

It's unfortunate that sometimes mother do have to work; and those mothers should be commended.

However I see *sometimes* a few moms take on 'paying' jobs so that they can use that as an excuse to lag on taking care of the home & family. 

Even though I don't have a "paying job," I had an agreement with my husband that for the first 3 years of our childrens' lives that I would not have a job so that I could devote all my energy to taking care of my children and also so that I could fully enjoy this precious time.

That's not wanting to be lazy-- that's called being a mother who has the opportunity to just be a mom for a small while. But we are a couple in our early 30's, so we are blessed to be at a time in our lives where we are able to pay bills & save money with just one of us working.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 153 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

why cant people talk on this site like human beings???  What the hell is with all of these stupid initials??  Like WAHM and SAHM and DD and DH and all of this crap?  Come on people, quit talking like poor white trash.

bwitbwit
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Well...this is an interesting post....looks like either someone wanted to start some shit or has a very high opinion of themselves....

Obviously the op wasn't taught very well that if you don't have anything nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all. Kudos to you and watch out for the inevitable karma that will ensue. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)