Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (851-859):
Ms.Sunshine6612
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I'd say something about how its not possible to do more than someone who works 24/7 (a SAHM) but it seems like you already got what you had coming for your statement.

harleyquinn6503
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM
I would simply like to state that OP's children are adults meaning that she isn't really a WAHM, but simply a working woman with adult children. Also, I would like to note that her higher education did not teach her the difference between a noun and a verb. For instance: architect. the word architect is exclusively a noun, which makes it grammatically impossible to have "architected" anything. One more thing. You, OP, are an excellent troll. Not so much good at teaching acceptance and respect to other people's values, but an excellent troll if I've ever seen one. Kudos to you and your disgusting ability of putting a knot in the knickers of all us poor souls who took the time to respond to this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Alwaysbusy2011
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow really? Y'all are actually sitting on the computer arguing back and forth about how good of stay at home mom y'all are? It really doesn't matter. All that should matter is if your children are happy healthy and safe. I'm not trying to make anyone mad, and I apologize if I do, but I don't think we , as mothers, should concern ourselves with what we are labeled as. If I'm pissing and moaning about something as stupid as this, then my daughters are going to think that someone elses opinion really matters in life, when it dont. If you are a good mother then your a good mother. I was very surprised to see how many women actually get upset over rediculous stuff like this, so I'm gonna go pre-school for a second....sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me. So with that said, get over it.
Alwaysbusy2011
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Oh yeah, I am a full time stay at home mommy of a two year old daughter and a six year old step-daughter. No breaks, vacations, sick days, or holiday pay. Just a mommy all day, everyday. And I just want to say one more thing before I go, I admire and respect ALL SAHM's. I know it's not easy in any shape form or fashion to be on call 24/7 but we are and do it with a smile on our face! Congrats ladies, we are awsome!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 158 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM
How about this.I am a SAHM but run a small daycare out of my home. I care for six children every day with one of them being mine. I have a nursing degree but have made the choice to stay at home with my dd.This is the hardest but most rewarding job I have ever had.I dont think it matters if you work from home or go to work, if you put your children first, we are all doing the best we can.
TiffyTheMom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Really? You clearly have learned nothing. By that statement I mean when I'm sick (or don't feel like picking up a crap load of toys that a magical hurricane blew all over my house)who will still have to do their daily work? Did you sat me? Good job! I can't call off from my job as a parent like some people call off from work can I? So next time you try and be a smart ass, use your brain ok. Thanks :)

Quoting NicholeP1984:

I didn't realize I got to call in sick on my days off when my child was sick. You learn something new everyday

Quoting Anonymous:

Clearly you know NOTHING about being a SAHM. I'm a part time doctor (when my little one has a bo bo),a chef (I hve to feed my family),a teacher (here to explain and answer every "why" question and daily things to prepare my DD for school) and a shoulder to cry on when things don't go my DD's way.Although my DH brings home the "Bacon", I have to manage our finances and pay the bills. I don't have an off day nor can I call in to work when I don't feel good. My job is 24/7 365. LAZY you say? Lol,I dnt think so.

TiffyTheMom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Say* typing from my phone, excuse my typos

Quoting Anonymous:

How about this.I am a SAHM but run a small daycare out of my home. I care for six children every day with one of them being mine. I have a nursing degree but have made the choice to stay at home with my dd.This is the hardest but most rewarding job I have ever had.I dont think it matters if you work from home or go to work, if you put your children first, we are all doing the best we can.

Twinkies080189
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Wow I don't think I'm better than anyone can't you read? I put that I quoted the wrong person it wasn't meant for you. Obviously something I said in that quote put your panties in a bunch lol chill out!
CutieCrab
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I wish I was a SAHM. I am a working mom....  Lately I feel like I hardly see my son, and I have failed. I have worked last Monday to next Friday without a day off....  Its hard... I miss him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN